- Chapter 4 -

Me and Julius ended up In a place, which I had never before, a place which I had only heard of and one day I had wished to visit. England. This must mean that Ella is British I smiled, I guess it wouldn’t be as bad as I first imagined it to be. It was late afternoon, Julius lead me towards a small matchbox cottage.

“You know what to do.” He said.

I nodded, signalling I understood what he wanted me to do.

“Call me if you need anything.”

“Whatever.”

Julius rolled his eyes and then disappeared like he usually did. I made my way into the house, nobody seemed fazed by the fact a seventeen-year-old boy had just strolled into their living room.

The fire was roaring and the cracking of the orange and yellow flames made their way into the background noise, along with the faint murmur of the television. A cheerful woman with blond hair was seated on a white rocking chair in the corner of the room, with a small baby in her arms, next to her sat a toddler. The toddler had red rosy cheeks and her chubby hands clutch a picture book of animals.

A mass of dark hair covered her head and was tied into two small pony tails, her huge brown eyes were surveying the room. Once they landed on me, her cheeks reddened and she placed the picture book in front of her face. I smiled; she sure was a bright child.

A man in his late thirties walked in with a mug of hot chocolate and two bottles of milk. He handed the mug to his wife, once she had placed it on the hearth; she took one of the bottles from him. He picked up the toddler and placed her on his lap.

“I’m getting worried Phil. She is almost three and hasn’t even said her first word yet.” The woman spoke, feeding the baby.

“I’m sure she will in time love, all babies are different.”

“Yes, I know that, I’m just wondering whether I should take her to a speech therapist.”

Phil shook his head. “I know you’re concerned but she’s a bright child, I have a feeling that she will be able to produce her first words without any help or guidance.”

“You really think?”

“I’m positive.”

The woman gave Phil a weak smile, before she stood up and took the baby in her arms upstairs, to put to bed. Once she came back down and sat on the rocking chair again, she stared at her husband and then to her daughter again.

“I don’t know Phil.” She said worried.

“Stop panicking dear, she’s the brightest bulb in the box, look give it until she’s three and then we can see somebody about it, until then have a little faith in her.”

The woman sighed heavily.  My gaze shifted backed to the small toddler, who was now occupied with a small stuffed rabbit. She started to run around the living area with the rabbit shoved under her arm and was gurgling happily.