0-0-1

Louis Tomlinson sat cross-legged on his front porch, frowning in the gentle rain.

What was wrong? Had they not seen his face clearly when looking through the mail flap each of the five or six times he knocked on the door?

Perhaps they had found out about something he did and were disowning him. He frowned again.

Louis loved his parents, he really did; but he always felt as though he couldn't tell them anything he did.

He knew that they would judge him for his choices, and so said nothing.

There was a variety, and Louis pondered the reason for this suspected abandonment.

Then he remembered River.

River, someone he loved.

They were so special to him, and no person could ever break that.

The day River died was the day all happiness flooded from Louis' fragile body.

He still remembered that day so clearly, although it was almost a year ago.

The tears, the 'I love you's, the shattering of his heart as they took their last breath.

His childhood best friend, his crush, his partner, and finally his lost love.

Oh, how Louis missed River.

He felt his eyes stinging and a knot in the back of his throat.

Amidst his silent battle against his own tears, the thought dawned on Louis that his parents must have seen the photo of he and River kissing.

They would have freaked out, considering River's sex was male, and his parents are religiously against anything relating to the lgbt+ community.

Both of them also thoroughly enjoyed jumping to conclusions, so Louis didn't counteract the argument that they must have thought him as gay since he was kissing a male.

It was not that he wasn't gay - Louis was gayer than a Golden Gaytime - it was that they were so ignorant to misgender River even after they had died. Didn't they deserve at least an ounce of respect?

He decided to simply write them a note explaining how he figured out what was happening and that he would be living at Harry's until he could afford an apartment. The note thanked them for their support up until that time but also shamed them for abandoning him because of his sexuality.

Send all of my things to Harry's, it read.
I don't even want to enter your house any more.
He shoved it roughly through the mail flap.

And with that, Louis began his journey away from what only 10 minutes ago he would've called home as a tear streamed down his rain-covered face.

-+-

Harry Styles stared through his bedroom window at the wet, stuffy atmosphere outside.

The place in which he lived and all the places around him were most likely a green forest once, thriving with small animals.

Harry continuously returned to the thought that human nature was the reason that earth was falling apart.

We did nothing good.

We came, we saw...

We built our big tall buildings and gas pipes and drains and houses and tore down the once beautiful land that other animals shared peacefully.

Harry hated the human race with all of his heart.

As his mother called him down for dinner for the third time and he yelled 'coming' for the third time, he noticed a figure walking slowly up his street.

Who would walk in the rain like this?

Obviously, no person would willingly risk catching a cold and walk in the rain with just a t-shirt and jeans.

As the person neared - still agonisingly slowly - and their face began to take shape, Harry thought that the way this  person looked and walked was familiar to him.

And then he realised.

It was Louis, it must have been.

And he was heading straight for Harry's house.

"Mum!" He called in a panic.

"It's Louis! Make some hot cocoa! I think his parents found out that he's gay!"

And with that Harry rushed down the stairs, out the door and into the street where he found Louis crying and walking still unbelievably slowly.

When Louis looked up was when Harry crashed into him, securing his arms around his fragile body and telling Louis softly that it was going to be ok.

-+-

hey!! this is short bc it's only the first chapter & i couldn't really make it any longer lmao

ok have a vv good day or night whatever!!

-taco