Steve- Bedtime

Prompt: You're having trouble putting your 3 year old daughter to bed, when Steve comes and helps you put her to bed.

"Kacey," (if that's your name, change it to Sophie) you whined as your 3 year old daughter started playing with her dolls, for the third time after telling her to go to bed, "you need to sleep. You can't play with Harry if you don't sleep now" you referred to your 1 year old son.

"Warry, can do his playing on his own tomozzo" you sighed as she
replied (#iampoetididntknowit).

"But he likes playing with you Kacey/Sophie. He loves his big sister"

"I don't wike being a big swister!" You laughed as she said it the same way as Steve does sometimes, where his 'l's and 'r's change into 'w's, she reminded you so much of Steve whereas Harry reminded Steve of you.

"Oh sweetheart, you'll be tired tomorrow when you're playing with your dolls, so you'll need extra nap time. And I know how much you hate naps"

"No! No! No extra nappy time!!" She yelled smashing the poor dolls head against the floor.

Poor doll. You thought. There goes another £10 (or $10).

"Come on Kacey/Sophie, work with me here" you pleaded to her, "it won't take long, come on"

"No" she had Steve's speaking problem but your stubbornness. You had almost had enough when you heard a loud cry from the room next door. Harry. You were suffering. One stubborn kid, a crying baby and no husband in sight equals a bad night. You lazily walked into your son's room and picked him up when you got to his cot. You picked him up and walked over to the rocking chair in the corner. Your mother had given it to you a a house-warming gift and said that you'd need it in the future. And she was right, both of your children love it and it settles them right down. After a few minutes of gentle rocking back and forth in the chair, Harry was silently snoring in your arms. You placed him back in his bed and left the room quietly.

You walked back down the hall after checking the time.

8:27pm

It read. You walked back into Kacey/Sophie's room to find her sat in a pile of books reading, well, trying to, the book was upside down. How you had not heard her get them was beyond you, so you shrugged it off and went for round two.

"Come Kacey/Sophie. I know you love reading but you have to sleep. It's way past your bedtime. What would Daddy say if he were here?"

"He would let me read as long as I wanted" she replied. Yep, Tony had had a massive influence on her at 3.

"Sweetheart, you know he wouldn't. He knows how important sleep is, especially for his special little girl"

"I'm his only special little girl"

"Yes, so he try's to protect you as much as he can so he doesn't lose you"

"I know, because daddy was upset when auntie Peggy died and when he found uncle Bucky, he cried as well"

"Do you know why?"

"Because he loves them very, very much"

"Like he loves us and your brother, so you need to sleep else daddy won't be happy"