A Reflection: A Bother

To have a crush on someone seems like such a middle-school emotion, something that people may have outgrown. Seems to me that as we get older we think more about the person and your reason for liking them rather than being unable to explain your reasons. It seems like there’s so much risk involved. Seems to me that if you really like a person you would do anything to be with them, but would they do the same for you? This is me trying to make sense of this whole situation. I mean, really, you never have a lot to lose but if you do lose it…I can’t even begin to think about what that would feel like. And sure, in life, you have to take risks to try to get what you want but, if you don’t get it, aren’t you overwhelmed by a feeling of disappointment? Don’t you feel instantly crushed? Because once that happens, there is very little that will remedy the situation. It’s this feeling of uncertainty that frequently holds me back; it’s a feeling that I usually manage to suppress. But, it remains suppressed and never completely gone. This might all sound negative but really, the fact that I’m thinking about all this is quite the opposite. I welcome it as a positive experience simply because it’s something that I haven’t really dealt with before.

The biggest irony here is, though, that I can post this up for you guys to see but I can’t bring myself to being with the person who this is…well, inspired by really. Anonymity is my shield and I’ve grown accustomed to it.