Chapter 3

"So do you have any plans for tonight?" Leah asked as she and Alanna walked along the beach.

"Er yes, Mr Stewart invited me over for dinner" Alanna said Leah could tell she was distracted.

"Alanna, they're trouble" Leah warned as she saw where Alanna was looking, she had a feeling Alanna wasn't listening though. Alanna had a look in her eyes as she watched the River Boy's surfing, a look that Leah knew only to well.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alanna called in at Angelo's for a bottle of wine on her way to Alf's. She walked to the bar with a smile on her face as she saw Brax standing there "Back so soon" Brax grinned, Alanna giggled.

"Not quite, I'm here for a bottle of wine to take with me to dinner" Brax sensed the flirtatious tone in Alanna's voice.

"Well if you get bored with that you know where to find me" he said as he handed her the bottle of wine, Alanna handed him some money before leaving. Brax watched as Alanna walked down the stairs.

As Alanna got to the bottom she was shocked to bang into Heath "Hello again" he grinned a he looked her up and down. Alanna was now wearing a pair of red skinny jeans and a cream floaty top; she had her hair down and straight. As Heath looked down he saw the black platform stilettos she had on, on her wrist was a collection of black bangles.

"Seen enough" Alanna snapped as she watched Heath get a good look at her.

"I'm sorry I'm just not used to this kind of beautiful" Heath grinned, Alanna smiled at Heath's cheesy comeback "I still don't know your name"

"It's Alanna" she smiled before heading out of the door; Heath watched her as she left.

"I gotta get me a piece of that" he said as he turned to the other River boys who were now watching Alanna leave.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Knock, Knock" Alanna called as she arrived at the door of the house in the caravan park.

"Hello love, wow you look lovely" Alf smiled as he saw what Alanna was wearing.

"Well I hope you don't mind but I have arranged to meet Leah for a few drinks later" Alanna said as she put her black clutch bag on the table and made herself comfortable.

"No course I don't love, us oldies don't expect you to stay here all night" Alf laughed as he got himself a drink out of the fridge.

"Speak for yourself" Roo said as she waked into the kitchen form outside "You might be getting on dad, but I wouldn't class myself as old just yet"

Alanna laughed "You must be Roo" she said as she stood up to greet Roo.

"You must be Alanna, dad's told me all about you" Roo replied as she gave Alanna a hug.

"Oh I do hope not" Alanna teased "I brought this to have with dinner" Alanna handed Roo the bottle of wine.

"Oh a nice red, good girl" Roo smiled as she took the wine.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After dinner and a lot of catching up Alanna said her goodbyes to Roo and Alf. She had to admit she was a little relieved Marilyn had made alternate arrangements.

Alanna decided to walk to the surf club, as she walked along the main road she was shocked when a car pulled up beside her "Can give you ride?" a voice called from inside. Alanna smiled cheekily when she saw Heath sat in the driver's seat.

"It depends on what kind of ride?" Alanna couldn't resist. Heath's grin was now even wider.

"Cheeky, do you want a lift or not?" he asked. Alanna nodded and climbed into the car.