Chapter 6

"Ok lets not panic, maybe we should go and see a doctor" Leah suggested. Alanna nodded she grabbed her keys and bag before following Leah out of the door.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Leah and Alanna weren't waiting very long before Alanna's name was called, Alanna stood up quickly "Come with me" she said as she reached down and grabbed Leah's hand.

"Yeah sure" Leah smiled as she followed Alanna into the doctor's office.

"So Mrs Harris what seems to be the problem?" The doctor asked as he leant back in his chair.

"Er…its Lawson now actually, Miss Lawson" Alanna corrected him, causing Leah to frown. Leah knew Alanna was trying to avoid her problem. Alanna simply reached into her handbag and took out all four pregnancy tests, before putting them on the doctor's desk.

"I see" the doctor smiled as he looked at the tests "So what is it I can do for you?"

"Well are they right; I mean they must be mustn't they? They can't all be wrong" Alanna had started to mumble so Leah grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"I'm afraid it's very unlikely that you are not pregnant, but I can examine you and do some blood tests if you want just to confirm it for you properly" the doctor smiled, he seemed extremely understanding.

After the doctor carried out some tests and asked Alanna some questions he finally sat down and explained things to her "Ok Alanna the urine test shows you are definitely pregnant and judging by the dates you gave me I would say you are around 5 weeks pregnant. Which means the date of conception would have been around the 6th of July" the doctor smiled, Alanna was horrified, this had confirmed all of her fears.

Alanna had absolutely no clue who the father of her baby was. Leah couldn't help noticing the worried looked on her friends face "Hey it's ok Allie; we'll get through this together ok?" Leah said softly, she knew Alanna must be worried about Heath Braxton being the father of her baby. Little did Leah know it was far more complicated than that.

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

After the appointment Alanna still hadn't said much "Do you know what you are going to do?" Leah asked, Alanna just looked at her as if she was talking a foreign language "About the baby" Leah added.

The baby, these words hit Alanna like a tonne of bricks. She couldn't believe this was happening, how could she have been so stupid?

"You do have options you know?" Leah's comment broke Alanna's thoughts instantly.

"I'm not having an abortion if that's what you mean" Alanna snapped, she didn't mean to sound so harsh it was just the way it came out.

"Then that settles it then, you're going to have to speak to Heath" Leah said weakly, Leah hated the thought of her best friend carrying the child of a man like Heath Braxton. But she knew that even a guy like Heath had rights too.

"NO" Alanna replied quickly, she realised she had snapped again so she softened her tone a little "I'm not ready to tell anyone yet. Especially not Heath"

"Alright" Leah said "I won't say a word"

Leah pulled up in the car park outside The Diner she noticed Alanna was watching some kids playing on the beach "I think I'm gonna go for a walk" Alanna smiled as she got out of the car. Leah also got out quickly.

"I'll come with you" she said as she followed Alanna onto the sand.

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Brax and Heath and some of the other River Boys were getting ready to go for a surf. They were busy preparing their boards when they saw Alanna and Leah walking towards them.

"River Boys at 12 o'clock" Leah mumbled under her breath, Alanna looked up and saw both Braxton brothers fooling around, they were fighting and wrestling. As the women got closer Alanna was surprised to be knocked off her feet by them both.

Heath had tackled Brax and both men fell backwards into Alanna causing her to fall to the ground "Oh my god Allie are you ok?" Leah cried as she knelt beside her friend "Watch what you're doing will you she's pregnant" Leah yelled at both men who stopped their fight instantly.

Leah knew what she had said as soon as she saw the deathly look Alanna gave her. Alanna could have slapped Leah for her comment "So much for keeping it to yourself" Alanna frowned furiously as Leah helped her to her feet.

"I'm sorry I just panicked" Leah apologised sincerely; the last thing she wanted to do was drop her friend in it.

"Pregnant?" Heath repeated as he stepped away from Brax and moved towards Alanna, who was now stood upright looking straight at him.

"Yeh" Alanna replied as she waited for Heath's blankness to disappear.

"How far?" he asked.

"5 weeks" Alanna replied, she glanced at Brax quickly and noticed his eyes widen. Alanna knew exactly what Brax was thinking "Look I've gotta go" Alanna tried to walk away but heath grabbed her.

"Don't you think we need to talk about this?" he asked, Alanna nodded.

"Yeah course and we will babe I promise but right now I just want to go home ok?" she said as she started to walk back to the car, Leah followed closely behind her.

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Later that evening after Leah had gone home Alanna decided to go for a lie done, she was exhausted. She had only just drifted off to sleep when she was awoken by a loud knocking on the door. Alanna got up quickly and went to answer it; she guessed it would probably be Heath wanting to talk. Alanna was stunned as she opened the door. Brax barged inside the room almost knocking Alanna off her feet "Come in why don't you" Alanna spat sarcastically.

"I need to know if this baby's mine" Brax demanded, Alanna nodded she had been doing some research online.

"I know, I've looked on-line and you can do something called a Pre-natal DNA test, there's a small risk to the baby but it's only about 10%" she explained. Brax nodded in agreement they both needed to know who the father was as soon as possible.

"Do you need any money?" Brax asked thoughtfully. Alanna shook her head.

"No but I need to get the DNA from you, I can't ask Heath" she replied.

"Obviously, make the appointment and I'll go with you" Brax said he noticed how upset Alanna looked at this point "Hey its ok, we'll sort this out" Brax said as he pulled Alanna into a tight hug. Alanna paused for a moment before pulling away, she had remembered the trouble she had got herself into from the last time they shared a moment together.