Chp. 36: Olivia

I open my eyes to find myself next to Spot. I jump up, startling him.

"Shit, how am I gonna get outta here without bein' seen?"

Spot rubbed his face and thought. "You could go afta' we leave fa the day?"

"That increases my chances of bein' seen by one of ya newsies,"

"Then go now, I'll go talk ta the boys and distract them."

I nod, kissing his lips once before stealthily climbing out of the window.

How I managed to go unseen by about thirty newsies in his dock and the other half inside the lodge is beyond me. I swear, I should be a spy.

I managed to get back to Manhattan, with an excuse prepared.

"Kenny, where have ya been?!" Jack exclaims.

"You hasn't been in Brooklyn, have ya?" Race gives me a stern look.

"With that jerk, hell nah! I went to Jersey, saw my ol' pal Jets."

They seem to believe it, taking a huge load off my shoulders.

I saw Spot in secret for a week, and it was successful every time. I went in after it was lights out for the Brooklyn boys, and I just laid with Spot. One night we didn't even talk, the silence was enough.
<>

Third Person

"Stetson told me you were sick," Olivia said, feeling Spot's forehead. Inside, he didn't feel bad for lying. Any excuse is fine as long as he's lying to be with Kenny.

"It's nothing,"

"Then I can kiss you?"

"Uh..." Spot stuttered. Spot Conlon doesn't stutter.

Olivia just giggled and kissed him. It was an inexperienced kiss to say the least, but she was young. Well, fifteen. Spot kissed Kenny at fifteen, and it was probably the best he'd ever had.

Spot pulled away to see a smiling Olivia. He saw Bucky watching them, and he knew what Bucky was thinking. If Kenny saw him now. They both knew Spot loved Kenny. But it was his duty to protect Brooklyn. Shouldn't his bugger duty be to protect Kenny?

"You should probably be headin' back to Queens,"

"Why, you don't want me around?"

"It's not that," He says. "Brooklyn ain't sunshine at night,"

"Well of course not, the moon's out,"

Spot shook his head. "I's serious. Ya brudda wouldn't be happy wit it,"

"Okay, Peak can take me home,"

"G'night, Olivia," He watches her walk off the dock.

"Pretty little thing," Bucky says once they're out of earshot.

"Are ya ever gonna stop givin' me a hard time? I thought ya got over it a couple weeks afta' she became by 'goil'," Spot said, jumping down from his throne.

"I did, until Kendall came back,"

"She's okay wit it,"

"Is she though?" Bucky says.

"It's my job ta protect Brooklyn, and if I don't go through wit this, a borough war will star between us and Queens, and you know damn well that ain't good for anybody." Spot retorted.

"I jus' have a feelin'," Bucky looks at the river where he had saved Kenny. "This ain't good for nobody either,"

<>

"Kenny, I want ya to be honest with me,"

"I's always honest wit ya, Race." They were laying on the roof again. This had become a habitual thing in the past week.

"What's goin' on wit you and Spot then?"

"I told ya, we's just too different. We was neva' meant for each other. Spot's got a goil from Queens, and I moved on too," She said.

"You and Spot couldn't just move on, you was in love,"

"If it's anything I know, love ain't anything anymore,"

"Did he pressure you?" He asks.

"Racetrack!" She exclaimed.

"I jus' wanna know he didn't hurt ya, Kenny."

"He didn't. Now will ya drop it?"

Race just nodded, and Kenny hugged him.

"I know you's lookin' out fa me, but I don't need it."

"I always will, no matta' what."

"I know," I say. "You know, sometimes, I'm glad that Jackie got put in the refuge,"

"Why?"

"I met all you guys, and man am I lucky,"

Race chuckled. "But you met Skiddy,"

"Skiddy changed for the worse, but that don't mean he wasn't fun for some years,"

"I don't even wanna know what you two did,"

I laughed. "Nothing, Race. Sure, we kissed, maybe too much, but it neva' went farther,"

"That's what I like to hear,"

"Speakin' of, how was the date?"

"Man, she's the most beautiful goil I could ask for. She's funny and gorgeous and,"

Kenny laughed as he marveled over Marie. She wondered if Spot thought this way about his Queens girl. Or her, for that matter. She didn't like sharing Spot's attention.

At least he felt the same about it.

<><><><>

IM SO SORRY I haven't updated ugh school just started back up and my break was rlly busy but I'm going to be updating more I promise!!!

Ily guys and thanks for reading! Comments are so appreciated :))