Talking to Her

Tapos na ang dinner nila when Amy and Ella went off. Mula nung nawala si Ara at dumating ang prinsesa, lumipat na rin ng unit sina Amy at Ella. Arabella's unit at the 4th floor which is Denden's occupying now ayon na rin sa habilin at hiling list of the late Ara, Ella at the 3rd floor while Amy is at the 5th floor.

Kasalukuyang inaayos ni Denden ang bed nila ni Zasa.

"Mama..."

"Yes baby?" Sagot ni Den.

"Are we going to sleep here together with Mommy?"

Den looked at Ly na napatingin din sa kanya dahil sa tanong ng bata. "Aaah, baby, since nandito na mommy mo, sa room mo na lang muna ako matutulog ngayong gabi then tomorrow na lang ako uuwi sa amin, okay po ba 'yun?"

"No!"

Lalong nagulat ang dalawa sa inasta ng bata. "Baby...."Ly tried to hugged her but she suddenly jumped up to the bed.

"I don't want Mama go home. I want her to stay here." Then she turned to Aly. "Please Mommy, don't let Mama go. Tell her please." She enclosed her palms.

Aly shrugged her shoulders to Denden who is now standing behind Zasa.

"Mama, Mommy, let's pray together then we will go to sleep na po." She took the hands of them. Wala nang nagawa ang dalawa kundi sumunod na lang. After they prayed, she lied down in between them, still holding their hands and put them together on top of her stomach. Sa pagkakadikit ng kamay ng dalawa, tila nakukuryente ang pakiramdam nila sa isa't-isa. Denden was trying to pull her hand when the kid held tighter. Nagngitian na lang ang dalawa at nasa ganung posisyon sila until she's already asleep.

"Coffee?" Denden caught Alyssa looking at Ara's photo in the living room.

"Thanks." Ly said as they sat in the sofa. "Den...." she sipped her coffee. The latter met her gaze. "How did you....cope up without her....I mean, si Dee?"

"It wasn't easy for me but I had to kasi kahit naman ano'ng gawin ko, hindi na siya babalik pa. But atleast, hindi man naging forever ang pagsasama namin, naghiwalay naman kami na walang hinanakit at tinanggap ng maluwag."

"What do you mean naghiwalay? You mean, as in broke up?" Den just nodded. "But why? You, two, were perfect."

"Kung perfect eh 'di sana hindi kami umabot sa ganung desisyon."

"Pero bakit nga?" Pangungulit ni Ly.

"We're not for each other."

"Was there a person involve?" Den nodded. "A third party?"

"No, it wasn't as you think as it was. I loved her, God knows that but there is...someone....that until now....my love for that person is irreplaceable."

"So, ikaw 'yung nagkaproblema?" Tumango lang ulit si Denden. "And who is that lucky person?"

Imbes na sagutin niya si Aly, "Ahm, it's getting late. Maybe we should call it a day." She stood up but Aly held her arm and faced her. "Ly...." she said while she feels that her heart wants to explode anytime because of that feeling that she always feel whenever Alyssa is attached to her.

"I just wanna say thank you for today...for the truth...for taking care of my daughter...for being a mother to her. Hindi biro ang pagsasakripisyong ginawa mo at kahit habang buhay pa ako magpapasalamat ay hindi pa rin matutumbasan. Thank you." She cupped her face and planted a kiss on her cheek while staring at her eyes.

'Jusko Ly mamamatay ako ng wala sa oras sa mga titig na 'yan.' Den's thought. "You're most welcome, Alyssa. Anything....for Zasa. Goodnight." She also gave a quick peck on her cheek.