0.4

...

The morning was like most; mom and dad were working while I made myself a hot beverage with graham crackers. Today I choose tea over coffee since I didn't feel the need to strain my eyes open all day. My tea of choice was unsweetened green tea with some lemon. The tart drink was great contrast to the sugary graham crackers, in my opinion. I sat silently drinking/eating and watching whatever was on the tv once I turned it on. Unfortunately, it was the news and I ended up turning it off anyways since I was boiling at the thought of how stupid humanity can be.

By noon I was dressed in medium blue ripped up jeans which I cuffed at the bottom, along with a black and beige sweater that had this weird pattern on it. The sweater actually belonged to my dad in the 60s/70s so it was really thick and itchy but I liked it. I felt the need to leave the house so I threw my hair up in a bun and slipped on plain back ankle boots before snatching the keys from the designated key hook. I then sat in the car and thought about where I even planned to go.

I ended up calling my cousin, Ron, and told him to meet me up town. And no, Ron does not resemble Ronald Weasley. He does resemble Weasley pretty well in personality though. Looks, no. The only time my cousin's hair is red is if he felt that was what he should color his hair that week. It constantly changes, he's more like the Michael Clifford of the family. At least, that's what he told me some girls call him.

Ron texted me telling me that he parked his car in front of the old movie theater so I changed course to the theater. I saw his car and parked next to it. We exchanged glances from our cars before simultaneously hopping out. Today his hair was pastel purple.

"I could go for some ice cream." He greeted me, plodding towards the ice cream shop.

"Well hello to you too Ron." I sped up so I was next to him.

"Sorry, rough day. So what's up?" He asked.

"Well I was just pretty bored to be honest and needed to get out of the house." I answered.

"Yeah, I get that, I needed to get out of the house too. My roommate is annoying me so much lately." He admitted.

I simply nodded, noticing his angry vibe I assumed he didn't want to talk about it. We entered the ice cream shop and were greeted by more brisk cold air. The mint green walls with black and white checkered floors made it look like it was pulled right out of the 50s.

After examining the flavors I ordered a cherry vanilla bean shake with chocolate chunks in it. Ron ordered a cone with two scoops, one green tea and the other chocolate.

"Wanna walk around or stay inside?" I asked once we paid of our desserts.

"Let's walk." He stated heading towards the door.

After walking next to each other for a while eating our ice cream in silence I spoke up, "So what's happening in the world of Ron?"

He shrugged, "Nothing more exciting than usual. My roommate though, I swear that guy has no sense of personal space or cleanliness."

"Ben? Yeah, that guy is definitely a character." I added.

"So what's going on in your world?" He changed the subject.

"Something interesting actually." Ron perked up looking at me, "Yeah so I decided to go on a walk at around three in the morning a few nights ago and I met this guy. Will Anderson. Do you happen to know him?"

Ron thought for a moment, "The name doesn't ring a bell. How old is he?"

"Same age as you. He's very interesting, but I don't know if he's some sort of sexual predator so I was hoping you knew him."