0.7

...

"Thank you." I smiled taking the gloves and shoving them in my pocket so I could take out my headphones and phone first. I then began fast walking/jogging towards my house since it was Monday and I have to leave my house by 7:30 am for school.

Halfway towards my house my hands felt numb so I reached in my pocket for the gloves but only found one of them. I guess I dropped the other while I was trying to get my phone out. By the time I got to my house it was 7:20 am and I was exhausted, but sadly there wasn't time to rest.

Hastily, I threw on a black tank top and a dark grey slouchy long sleeve thin sweater. For pants I threw on the first thing I grabbed which was black jeans that I wore so much they matched the grey of my shirt but I didn't have time to change. I didn't have time to eat or worry about my hair or face either. All I had time to do was get my school bag ready, brush my teeth, throw a leather jacket on, and throw on my black slip on ankle boots before speeding down the road. Somehow it took me longer than I thought to get around the house because when I entered my car it was 7:40 am which was rough because it takes me about thirty minutes to get to school. School starts at 8:00 am.

It would probably take me longer to get there today though because the roads were super icy. Being the extremely unlucky person I am, my car beeped signaling I was almost out of gas. Looking at the gage, I saw I probably didn't have enough fuel to make it to school so I pulled over at the next gas station. While I was waiting for my tank to fill I saw my phone vibrate on the passenger seat. After retrieving it I unlocked it to see I just missed call from Ron and a notification from 7:00 am informing me that school was, in fact, cancelled due to the icy roads. Seeing this, I sighed with relief and anger. I mostly felt relief though that I didn't have to go to school such a mess physically, emotionally, and mentally.

Once my car was filled with thirty dollars worth of gas I returned home. By then both of my parents left for work and I was still utterly drained. Other than taking my shoes and jacket off I flopped into my bed as I was and curled under my blanket. As soon as I started to feel warm and cozy I was sound asleep.

Hours passed and when I next woke up my bland room was cast with bright orange. I was unaware whether it was the next day or not so hurriedly I checked my phone. It was still Monday, only now it was 8:00 pm. I almost went back to sleep but a disgusting film of dirt covered me so I decided to get up and treat myself to a nice bath. I had a rather small bathroom while my parent's bathroom was large with an amazing, deep clawfoot tub so decided to gather my belongings and head to their bathroom. No one was home so I wasn't worried about anyone barging in.

My mom was also a very firm believer of relaxing in a nice bath after a long week of work so she has an abundance of all sorts of bath stuff. After looking at her very organised options of bath bombs, bath melts, bubbly bars, soaps, oils, candles, lotions, incense, and so on I decided on a Butterball Bath Bomb and a few lavender candles for my bath. I also lowered the lights to where they were almost completely off and I turned my music on my phone. The first song that played was Greek Tragedy by The Wombats which put me in the perfect mood.

6 songs later I decided it was time to get out so I popped the drain and watched the water sink. Once I was out I wrapped myself in a fluffy cream colored towel and turned the brightness in the room up, but not all the way up. I covered my body in vanilla scented lotion and applied mousse to my damp hair before exiting the warm, comfortable bathroom. Once I was in my room facing my closet I remembered I told Will I would meet him tonight.

My clock read only 8:30 pm. It was too early to see him yet so I threw on matching black undergarments and an oversized crewneck sweatshirt that was actually Ron's, he just left it here, the sweatshirt that is. Once I was comfortable I wandered downstairs and made myself a cup of peppermint mocha coffee. On top of it I put a heaping pile of whipped cream along with shaved dark chocolate and candy cane bits which I normally wouldn't do. I ate the rest of the chocolate bar I didn't shave and the candy cane as well. Once I had that, I carefully walked back to my room, putting my cup on my desk next to my laptop.

I remembered I began watching Dead Poets Society a few days ago but never finished it so I just started the movie over. As the movie began I lit a few candles and turned a small lamp on so that I didn't need the bright one on anymore. It didn't take long before my coffee mug was empty and I was brought to tears by the movie. Once it was over I felt that usual inspired buzz that that movie gave me and it was almost 11:00 pm.

I decided to whip out my journal and write for a good half hour before I decided I would meet Will a little earlier than usual. I decided to wear a comfy light gray t-shirt that had the words WATER LILIES • MONET and the Water Lilies painting underneath with a dark grey knitted cardigan over that and black skinny jeans with my slip on black ankle boots. Checking the time again, it was 12:06 am. I just hoped Will would actually be out this early. I began walking out of the house down the road. It wasn't as windy as usual so I actually felt warm in the clothes I wore. Why was the weather so anomalous? About a mile down the road I spotted someone who appeared to be Will. He shyly waved at me which made me feel better about approaching the figure. I was finally close enough to make out his facial expression which was smiling at me. I smiled back.

...