0.6

...

Once I was in my room I laid down completely ready to fall asleep. An hour passed and I kept tossing and turning. I thought maybe I wasn't comfortable in my onesie so I took that off and replaced it with my favorite burnt orange oversized pajama sweater. Another hour passed and I still wasn't asleep. I did the only thing I could think of doing which was throwing on a pair of light wash skinny jeans, a black coat over that, and my black combat boots then heading out my window.

I walked for about eight minutes before a voice rang from behind me, "We should really exchange numbers or something so I know if I should even come out on these night walks or not."

I turned around to see Will trying to catch up to me. "What does my phone number have to do with you going out on midnight walks?"

"Well if you aren't going to be out to keep me company then why bother? But sometimes I really do just need to be out here even if you aren't." He stated.

"Are you saying the main reason you come out here is to see me?" I questioned.

"At first, no, but now yes." He explained.

"Why?" I simply asked.

"To be honest with you, I have no idea." He furrowed his brows. "Maybe it's because I'm not used to meeting people like you. Usually I can ask someone's name and they are willing to tell me and I guess it's just easy for me to get to know someone, but not you."

"Oh" was all I said.

"What keeps you coming back here, even if it isn't every night." He asked me genuinely curious.

"Mostly because I just have trouble sleeping and I guess this is better than staring into darkness and thinking about every scenario I could possibly have in my life." I chuckled.

"Yeah, I've been there." Will added.

Silence fell over us and I took the chance to look at Will. He was wearing his old varsity jacket along with dark blue jeans and black vans. His hair was messy almost like he couldn't sleep either.

"Okay you can ask me one question." I told him.

He looked over at me. "Will you be here tomorrow night?"

"Really of all the questions you could ask, you ask that?" I asked, surprised.

"That's all I want to know right now."

"Yes, I will try to be here tomorrow night, but I can't promise anything." I smiled at the ground.

"Okay." He smiled. "Where do you want to go?"

"I said you can ask one question not two." I said. "Just kidding, uhm I don't know I kind of just wanted to walk I don't really have a destination."

"I'll walk with you then."

We once again walked silently for about five minutes until I busted out in pure laughter.

"What's so funny?" Will looked at me hiding a smirk.

That only made me laugh more until the point that Will started laughing with me. He ended up snorting at one point which made me laugh so hard I had to stop so I was bent over with my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath. It felt like we were laughing for hours even though it was only a few minutes.

"Okay, okay, okay." Will waved his hands, "I can't breathe."

"Same!" I let out one last laugh before sighing and standing back up straight.

"I haven't laughed like that in so long." Will let out another chuckle.

"Me too." I stated, "Ouch, that hurt my stomach."

We both started laughing again but it was only for a moment.

"Honestly though what the heck was so funny?" Will questioned.

I thought for a moment, "Honestly I don't even know. At first I was actually laughing at something then I just started laughing at your laugh and now I don't know." I began walking again.

Will nodded, "Well whatever it was, I think you just woke up the neighborhood with your laugh."

My jaw dropped, "Whatever! Your laugh was louder than mine!" I playfully shoved him trying not to laugh.

"Sure, okay." He rolled his eyes before winking at me.

I chuckled again before checking the time since it was beginning to get light outside. 6:46 am.

"I have to go." I turned back around heading towards my house.

Will grabbed my hand, "No wait. Stay longer, please?"

"No I really have to go." I pulled my hand away trying to go the opposite way once more.

"Okay fine but take these please?" I turned around to see him holding out a pair of black cotton gloves, "Your hands are freezing."

...