Chapter 3

Waking up, I rub my eyes. Why am I on the bathroom floor? I look around, seeing the pregnancy tests in the trash. Or what was left of them, once I remember how I angrily ripped them apart and destroyed them to the best of my ability.

I instantly feel nauseous and again, vomit in the toilet.

I need to think for a moment.

My Current Situation:

I Was Raped.  

That Was One Month Ago.  

I Have No Idea Who Raped Me. 

I Am Pregnant. 

I Have No Friends. 

My Parents Will Kill Me.  

I Am 19 Years Old And I'm pregnant.

Taking a deep breath, I slowly stand up. All my memories rushing back to me, I suddenly realize that I am probably still being stalked.

And I realized something else.

I'm hungry. No, scratch that. Starving.

Which doesn't surprise me, considering I just emptied my stomach.

Then it hit me.

I have another person to feed now.

I have to tell my parents sooner or later.

I feel a tear slide down my cheek.

I am going to keep this baby. No matter what my parents say. After everything screwed up in my life, I'm going to make this work. I am going to guard this baby with my life.

I plan on telling my parents tonight at dinner, so they can sleep on it.

I smile to myself, looking at my stomach in the mirror. Now that I think about it, maybe i do have a slight bump. only being one month in, it isn't very noticeable.

"I'm going to be the best mommy ever. I promise. I love you." I whisper to my stomach.

My One Direction ringtone blares loudly from the living room, filling the house with the beautiful music.

Running through the house, I answer the phone at the last ring.

"Hello?" 

"Hey, baby." A very low voice welcomes me. 

"Excuse me, who is this?"  

"You know me. You may not want to, but you do." He chuckles. I feel all of the color drain from my face.  

"Leave. Me. Alone." I growled. 

"I'm sorry. No can Do, Hun. you're carrying my child." 

" No. That's where you're wrong. I'm carrying MY child. MINE. " 

"Now don't get too greedy. You have to share, you see?"

I slam my thumb into the end button.

I drop my phone onto the granite countertop and hold my head in my hands.

"There is nothing he can do to hurt you. Nothing. I won't let him. I promise." I whisper to my 

baby as a tear slipped out of my eye.

" Katie, what are you doing?" My mother's voice circulates through the room.

"Oh, mum," I pull my head out of my hands, quickly wiping my face. "I'm fine." I tell her.

"Why did you call me?" She yells, aggravated.

"I had a bad dream, and I thought it was real."

I knew I would be in major trouble, but there is no way I'm telling her why I really called.

"Katie. If you so much as dare to call me at work again, I'm kicking you out of the house. Understood?"

"Yes." I stare at my feet for a moment, before trudging to my bedroom.

*

My father sits across from me, chewing silently. My mum on my right, pouring herself some more tea.

I know I have to tell them soon, I might as well get it over with.

The fork that used to be in my hands hit the glass plate with a loud crash.

My father father looks up, my mum eying me, making me feel extremely nervous.

Clearing my throat, I brace myself.

"I have something to say."