Chapter 8

*KATIES POV*

Zayn moves closer and bends down to my level.

"Katie, I know we don't exactly know each other, but I need you to tell me what happened." He whispers, his brown eyes glowing. I want to tell him, I do. Except, I only just got here. I'm exhausted. Hungry. Irritated. Hormones going crazy. I'm not in the mood for drama.

"Actually, you know what? I'm fine!" I try to sound as 'fine' as possible, even though I was anything but.

"Are you sure?" He doesn't seem very convinced. Darn.

I nod, throwing my arms around him for a hug. Obviously caught off guard, he lightly pats my back. I step back to smile at him, trying to ignore how everything about that hug was extremely akward. Oh well.

"Lets go downstairs," I grab his arm, pulling him toward the stairs.

When we reach to the bottom, Liam sits with his arms crossed, staring at Harry, whose hands are placed on his hips. Just by the way he's standing you can tell he's deep in thought.

He has his back to us, but when Liam sees us, he narrows his eyes at me.

"Oh, erm. I think that we should all just forget about this," He says, nervously fidgeting with his hands behind his back.

"Anyone up to eat out?" Zayn suggests behind me.

"Sure, just let me call the other boys.Then we can all decide where to go." Harry grabs his cellphone off of the table and enters the other room.

"I'm not going." Liam speaks, and I jump, not expecting him to say anything for a while.

"Yes you are. End of story." Zayn sternly jabs a finger at him.

...

Soon after Niall and Louis arrive, we decide to go to Nandos. Niall complained that he'd went there too much, and fans are always looking and waiting there.

We pile into Harry's van, Harry driving, Liam in the passenger seat, Me behind Liam next to Louis, and Niall and Zayn in the very back. Once the music gets turned up, we're laughing and singing. Except for Liam, of course.

We walk into the restaurant, and I suddenly recognise our waitress. Stacy Prescott, one of the girls that went to my school, and thought she was above everyone else. The stereotypical snob.

Her face goes into utter shock when Niall walks in first. Zayn behind him, her face drains of all color.

"Hello!" She chirps in a fake-excited tone. "You're from One Direction, aren't you? Well I'll have you know that-" She begins, but Niall's patience was growing thin and I dont think any of us were in the mood for a fangirl.

"Table for six please." He interrupts.

Her face twists into shock, and it's quickly replaced by her regular snobby one.

She smiles at Louis, who gives her a half smile without looking at her and walks after Niall to a table.

When her eyes land on me standing next to Harry Styles, they widen, and her mouth falls into a mischievous smile.

"Oh, look. If it isn't Katelynn O'Brien, hanging out with the 1D crew, are we? "

Harry squeezes my hand.

"You're just jealous, Stacy." I mumble, not having enough courage to yell at her.

"Jealous, of you? Ha! The only things jealous of you are pigs, because you wear ugly better than them." She snickers at her own self-made joke.