First impression of a lifetime

May's P.O.V

when we finally made our way to the guys Issa's back was turned to us and Jacquees was standing in front of him, so he could see us. he gently tapped Issa's shoulder and pointed towards us. Issa turned on the heel of his feet to face us and jacquees moved to his side.

"well hello beautiful ladies" Jacquees said speaking first. i didn't realize that Avie was holding my hand until her grip on my hand got extremely tight.

"hi gentlemen" i said "I'm May-Lynn but everyone just calls me May and this my friend Avie" i said introducing us.

"so May do you think you want to go get a drink, you know to get to know each other" Jacquees said pulling me away from Avie and Issa. I could tell she didn't want to me leave her but i had to, this was my chance.i released her hand and followed Jacquees to the Bar.

we had a friendly conversation, we talked about teenage stuff you know. then my song came on. when this song plays i just have to do the dance i couldn't contain myself.

"do you know how to red nose" i asked Jacquees speaking into his ear so he could hear me over the music.

"yeah i know how to do it, why you wanna go dance" he said smiling hard.

"why not i can show you what i got" i said. we walked to the dance floor passing Issa and Avie in the meantime. Avie looked like she had finally relaxed but she kept a lot of distance between them. Avie had a problem with getting close to guys, because her brother never let her. he was so over protective he would spy on her, check her phone, convince her parents to not let her go out with guys because the would be having sex and not doing what they say they would be. that really annoyed me because Avie wasn't that type of girl, she had self respect and wasn't at all a free spirit unlike me. I did what i pleased when i pleased. it should mean something to you that i had already been pregnant twice and i'm 17 turning 18 in November. the first one i had an abortion because i was only 14 and i couldn't throw my life away when it had barely started and the second i had a miscarriage 6 months into the pregnancy. so yeah, her brother messes up every relationship she has with a guy before they even get on a first date. I hope things are different this time because she looked like she really did like

Issa a lot. as soon as my part of the song came on i leaned backwards pushing my ass up on Jacquees man hood and placing my hands on my knees, surprisingly he was a few inches taller than me with my heels on so i had anything to worry about. i tic-toced my butt to the song, the speakers blared the song so loudly the floors vibrated. 'she gon' shake it like a red nose like like like like a red nose, she gon' shack it like a red nose like like like like a red nose'.

Avie's P.O.V

i was a little nervous when May decided it was okay to leave me alone with a complete stranger. but i was pretty sure he wasn't gunna hurt me... right. My brother always told me about how boys weren't trust worthy and i should wait till im old enough and smart enough to know how to deal with them to have a boyfriend. And since he was my big brother i just went with what he said, it was no different than what my parents were saying anyway, so why not listen to him.

"why are you so far away from me, i dont bite" he said to me pulling me a little closer to him while showing his million dollar smile. " i was surprised your boyfriend let you come talk to me" he continued.

"what makes you think he is my boyfriend" i asked.

"well between you and your friend you were way more interactive with Roc than she was, she just sat there watching everyone. Roc never even told me he had a girlfriend."

"because he doesn't...anymore, him and his girlfriend broke up bit before his party, she he called his favorite and only girl cousin to help him out" i said.