sorry

MAYA

And there we were, in the middle of a garden that had fairy lights hung from pillar to pillar, lighting up the night along with the stars above as it made the moment special. I looked at his green eyes as it was being lit up by the lights around us.

" I'm sorry, Lucas," I choked.

He looked down at me, face filled with confusion.

" What?" he asked.

I shook my head, looking down as sobs escaped my lips. I walked towards the bench, getting ready to let it all out. Hoping that he would follow me, he did as I heard the sound of his oxfords dragging across the cement floor, getting closer to me.

I took a seat, still looking down. Lucas followed along, intertwining both of his hands as he looked down at the cement floor. It was as if the only thing that we could concentrate on were the small rocks on the floor.

" I'm sorry for looking at you the way I shouldn't have. I'm sorry for thinking of you at night, hoping that you would be mine again," I exploded, standing up as I let my loud voice and heart take over.

I'm using my sensibility now, just like Riley told me. I'm done using my sense of a brain, which has been avoiding me from doing things that I should have done a long time ago. Putting on a smile that did not want to appear as I kept on watching him with her, over and over again.

I walked away, towards the fountain where my tears would drop into. The sound of water flowing made the atmosphere calm. I breathed in a huge breath as sobs stuttered out. Among the sounds that were making the scene sad, his steps stood out.

" I'm sorry for feeling this way when you're with Olivia," I sighed, turning around to face him, " Because I see the way you look at her. It was the way you looked at me," I explained, dropping my head as tears continued rolling down my cheek.

Lucas used his fingers to lift my chin up, making me look at his eyes which were now filled with tears and enhanced by the lights.

" I'm sorry for making you feel that way, Maya," he let go of me, " I'm not trying to hurt you, I'm just so tired of disappointing you," he sighed, looking down as he headed towards the bench.

Taking a seat, he managed to let out an apology before cupping his hands in his face. I continued letting out a few sobs, leaning my back against the fountain as I looked up at the stars.

" I just- I just hope that one day I'll get to love the way you love me," he added.

I shook my head at his sentence, mentally laughing at his lack of sensibility.

" That's the thing, Lucas" I shouted, making him shoot his head up, " How do you expect me to tell myself it's time to walk away from the man I love when," I stopped.

I walked around the waterfall, looking down before I turned to face him again, " When he's just standing right there?" I asked.

He stood up, walking towards me with no hesitation. Confused, I asked what he was doing but was cut off by him placing his hands on my cheeks, holding me as if I was his world and looking at me as if I held the rest of his life.

" Then tell yourself that you'll be walking away with him," he remarked, adding a smirk before crashing his lips against mine.

The kiss. Oh the kiss. It was the same as before. The same one when we were dating. The same one when I had my first kiss. The same one when we fell in love with each other. The same kiss when I said 'I love you' to him.

It felt right, it felt good. But something was on my mind that made me pull away. If two people were meant to be, we would have been together.

" Why?" I asked, resting my forehead on his as I looked down.

" I wanted to know why I fell in love with you. And now I never stopped," he explained.

Smiling, I crashed my lips against him again with a smile, happy to know that the man I love, loves me back.