Chapter 5

The flashing lights of the police cars made curiosity grow in Francis' mind. What could be going on?

He walked to the scene, pushing away through police officers to get into his home. As he entered, there were still people in there- police, men in trench coats, and detectives. Funny, the home they were in looked exactly like..his own. Francis made a run for it, quickly going in.

"Tell me, Matthew. What were you doing when your Uncle Antonio was here?" Asked a tall, blonde haired man.

"I was asleep." He answered.

Francis walked in, hurrying to see Matthew on the counter.

"Oh, Matthieu! I was so worried!" He ran to him, wrapping his arms around him tightly, "Are you okay, Bébé?"

He nodded. "Papa, Uncle Antonio had an accident.."

Francis stared at him for a moment, confused. Where was Antonio, anyways?

"Mr.Bonnefoy, may I have a moment with you?" Asked the tall blonde. Francis nodded.

"Matthieu, go in your room." As he was told, Matthew grabbed his good guy doll, hurrying into his room.

"Oui..now, who are you? What are you doing here?" Francis asked the man.

The man held up a badge. "Detective Ludwig Beilschmidt. I'm here for a little issue. Tell me, how close was Matthew and Antonio?"

"Ah, they were close. No problems.."

"Oh. I see. Well, I'm sorry to inform you..." He took a moment to speak this, putting a hand to his mouth. "Antonio is dead."

Francis gasped, covering his mouth. 'Antonio is..dead? Non.' He thought to himself.

"He was found at the bottom. See here, he fell through your kitchen window, landing all the way down there."

"This is impossible...who did it?"

"Well, we were talking to Matthew-"

"Don't you DARE say it was my son! I know damn well he's innocent."

"Mr.Bonnefoy, we already checked him. He's alright. But, we did find this." Ludwig lead him over to a pile of white powdery substance, showing an imprint of a shoe. It was small, and looked like the size of a child.

"We checked all of Matthew's shoes and none of them have this logo on them."

Francis looked at the imprint, then back to the window.

"I can't believe this.." He spoke quietly.

"I know this comes as a shock. We're doing all we can to figure this out. Hopefully, this'll be solved soon." Ludwig motioned a hand to the other men, signaling for them to leave.

"Oui...Merci." He said silently. Soon, Ludwig and the others walked out. Francis removed his coat, walking out to find Matthew.

What could be going on?