Chapter 6

"Why do you think Uncle Antonio fell out the window, Chucky?" Matthew sat across from his doll that sat in the chair from him.

Francis walked into his room, watching Matthew silently. With a sigh, he walked in and sat on his bed.

"Matthieu, are you alright?" He asked, pulling his son to sit on his lap.

"I'm fine, Papa.."

"Good..who are you talking to?" He asked.

"Chucky!" Matthew pointed to the doll that was sitting in a chair. Francis looked at it, then back to Matthew.

"What was he saying?"

"He said that his real name is Charles Lee Ray and that he was sent down from heaven from Mommy to watch over me."

Francis froze, looking at the doll. Was Matthew just making this up? Why would he say such a thing?

"Oh, Bébé...what else did he say?"

"He said Uncle Antonio was a real pedophile and got what he deserved."

Francis stared at Matthew, setting him down on the bed. "Matthieu, how could you say such a think about him?"

"But, Papa..I didn't say anything! Chucky did.."

"Matthieu Bonnefoy, look at me. Right now." Francis wasn't talking like he usually was, he was serious. He picked up the doll, holding it. "Look. He's just a doll. See?"

"But I didn't say anything, Papa! And I didn't push Uncle Antonio out the window.."'

"Then who did? Chucky?"

Matthew nodded. "He saw Chucky and got scared and jumped out the window.."

Francis stared at the doll for a long moment, then back to Matthew. "Bébé..Chucky is just a doll. Look..I want you to get to bed, alright?" He stood up, setting the doll on the bed and opening the blankets for Matthew to climb in. Matthew got under and pulled Chucky in with him. Francis kissed his head gently, then walked to the door and shut off the light.

"Goodnight, Bébé." He said quietly.

"Goodnight, Papa.." He answered, snuggling next to his doll.

Slowly, Francis walked out and shut the door.