Chapter 3

"Francis! Amigo!"

Francis turned to the sound of his closest friend who was calling him.

"Ah, Toni, Bonjour." He greeted with a smile.

Antonio Fernandez Carriedo was one of Francis' good friends. He knew Francis from high school, along with their other good friend, Gilbert Beilschmidt. Together, they worked in the biggest mall in the city. Francis was put into jewelry, Antonio in shoes, and Gilbert in the clothes.

Antonio approached Francis with an urgent yet excited look on his face.

"You know the doll Matthew wants?"

"Oui?"

"I found one."

"Oui, so did I."

"No! No! I found one! One for a good price, too! I found a guy, come on! Vominos!"

Antonio quickly grabbed Francis' arm, pulling him out of his department and into the alley.

The alley was cold, a bit creepy, and not to mention the spray-art on the walls. Ahead, a shadow figure stood against the wall with a large box beside him. He was homeless, obviously. His features were more noticeable once they got closer. He was young, his hair brown and shoulder length, his eyes were dark from the cold, and his clothes were ripped and torn. In his hands, he held a cat, stroking it slowly.

"Ah, Heracles! It's good to see you, my friend! Show the doll."

Heracles slowly bent down, picking up the box that had a doll inside. The doll had ginger-like hair, blue eyes, freckles, blue overalls that read 'Good Guy', and a face that only a child would call 'adorable'. This was the 'Good Guy' doll Francis was waiting for.

"Well? Is it a good guy?" Antonio asked with a smile. Francis grabbed it, staring at it and beaming with happiness.

"Oui! Oui! it is!"

He couldn't believe it, the doll was right there. In his hands!

"Monsieur, how much?"

Heracles petted his cat once more before speaking.

"....fifty."

Francis instantly reached into his pocket for his wallet, until Antonio stepped in.

"Forty!"

"....thirty."

"DONE!"

Francis pulled out his wallet, grabbing thirty-dollars and handing it to Heracles. Without a word, Heracles walked away.

"Merci! Merci!" Francis took one last look at the fool that was in his hands. He couldn't believe it, he actually got one.

'Now Matthieu will be happy..'

--

"That thing is creepy, Amigo."
Antonio walked back inside the mall beside Francis, staring at the doll that he was holding. "It looks like it's staring into my soul."

"Oui, maybe," Francis replied, "But this is the doll that Matthieu has always wanted-"

"Francy-Pants!!"
Another familiar face.

Francis turned his head to see an albino walks towards his way.

"Gilbert? What's wrong?"

"You know Roderich? Well, he called in sick, which is unawesome because he's always 'sick', and you have to take his shift. Boss says so.."

Francis looked at the doll, then back to Gilbert.

"Gilbert, it's Matthieu's birthday, I have to-"

"I'll do it!" Antonio said quickly, raising his hand.

"Nein. You work in the shoe department. Not jewelry. Anyways..Francis. You can go home at five and come back at seven?"

This isn't what he wanted. It was his son's birthday and he wasn't going to be home for him.

"Well...who will watch him?"

"I'll do it!" Antonio raised his hand once again. Francis gave him an unsure look, but who else did he have.

"Oui. Alright. But if you screw this up, you won't be alive much longer."

Antonio gulped.

"....Si."

--

Matthew was sitting in the living room, playing with his tool set he had gotten earlier that day. When the door opened, he turned to get up and greet Francis. He only looked confused once he walked in with a big package in grocery bags.

"This isn't groceries." Francis smiled, setting the package down. Matthew walked over to it, examining it carefully.

"What is it, Papa?"

"Non, I cannot tell you. Open it!"

Matthew instantly went to the paper, ripping it open instantly smiling big.

"Papa! It's a Good Guy! Thanks!" He shot up, instantly hugging him.

"You are welcome, Bébé. Well? Show me how it works."

Matthew nodded, walking over to the doll and pulling it out and setting it on the couch.

"Hi! I'm Matthew! What's your name?"

The doll blinked twice, then turned its head to Matthew.

"...Hi, I'm Chucky, and I'm your friend to the end! Hidee-Ho! Ha, Ha, Ha!"

Francis laughed, looking at Matthew.

"Isn't it neat, Bébé?"

"Uh-Huh! Thanks, Papa!"

"Now listen to me. I have to go back to work. But, Uncle Antonio will be over to babysit you. Will you be okay?"

Matthew became a little bit upset, but nodded slowly, holding the doll names Chucky close to him.

"I'm sorry, Bébé. I'll be back as soon as possible."

He kissed his head gently, then stood, walking into his room.

"I wish Papa didn't have to work, Chucky.."

The doll turned his head again, then blinked. 

"Hi, I'm Chucky, Wanna Play?"