0.7

Jess's POV:

Liam💕: JESSICA GET OUT OF THERE RIGHT NOW

Liam's text scares me as the teenaged girls begin to surround my car.

Panic surges through my body, and that's when I realize that I forgot to take my meds this morning

My breathing begins to grow heavy and sweat beads on my forehead. I try to calm myself down, by thinking of Liam holding me in his arms, but I ultimately fail.

"Jess?" Wes sounds worried "Is something wrong? Did you forget to take your meds this morning?"

I shakily nod as my breathing calms enough for me to speak.

"Auntie Jess? Are you okay?" I hear Delilah's sleepy voice.

I manage to calm myself down a bit and turn to Wes.

"Wes," I say shakily "I need you to take Delilah and run. As far from here as possible. Can you do that for me?"

Wes nods and is barely able to get out of the car and pull Delilah into his arms from the backseat.

"Unca Wes? Auntie Jess? What's going on?" Delilah asks, fear in her clear blue eyes.

"I just need you to come with me, is that okay?" Wes tries to comfort her by kissing her forehead.

She nods and immediately, Wes bolts. His track and field experience is going to help him loads.

I struggle to get out from the car but, the girls immediately surround me again.

Oh, I see what this is. They're doing this for the shooter. To get me to stay put.

I look down at the girls, seeing as they're all shorter than I am. None of them are looking at me, except for one.

She has long auburn hair and green eyes. She's quite pretty.

And she's looking at me with hate in her eyes

Somebody screams, breaking off my eye lock with little Miss Redhead.