Chapter 3

KIM

I watched from our giant living room window as Jackson and his stepdad and Jake walked to his stepdad's car. Jackson's hands buried in his pockets. He hopped into the backseat. He didn't really like his stepdad and I don't know why. He has been nothing but good to us.

As they pulled out my Dad pulled in. Chloe spotted Dad through the window and ran outside jumping into his arms. Their voices where inaudible so I didn't hear what they were saying but I knew at one point Dad pointed out to Trent's car with a smile on his face.

I turned forward and focused on the TV as they walked into the house. Dad instantly seeing me.

"Hey, honey." He said and kissed the top of my head. I just smiled. "Where is your brother?"

No one got the chance to answer when Trent walked in. "Hey Dad." He said and gave Dad a strong hug.

"Hey." Dad said as they separated. "How's college treating you this week?"

Trent shrugged. "My teachers are being pretty tough this week."

"Yeah. More tough now? Huh?"

Trent nodded. "Oh yeah."

"Well, it's great to see you, Trent. Your Mom make anything to eat?"

He nodded. "We just finished lunch."

Dad nodded back. "Gives us just enough time to find out what we want for dinner."

"How about pizza?" Trent suggested.

"Yeah, sure." Dad answered. "If everyone agrees."

"I agree!" Chloe screamed.

"I do too." I agreed.

"Great." Dad said. "Let's go inform your Mom."

Chloe ran ahead of us to where Mom was in the kitchen. We could hear her call out to Mom about our plan.

"So, I'm guessing she told you?" Dad asked Mom when we stepped foot in the kitchen.

"Indeed she did." Mom said and pecked Dad on the lips. Mom and Dad then looking down at Chloe, smiling.

"How about we order and sit down and watch a movie?" Dad suggested.

"That sounds great, Dad." Trent agreed. "I'm going to go put some things away and I'll be right back." Trent said and walked up the stairs with a small messenger bag he was carrying.

"Okay." Dad said and lifted up Chloe giving her a kiss on the cheek. "How about you order the pizza, Deb and I'll go clean the munchkin up."

 Dad left the room, probably to the bathroom. Mom went back to continue cleaning up the kitchen. I decided to go upstairs to my room to get ready also.

Trent and I you could say, share a room. When we first moved in it was way before Chloe was born. The house had three rooms so we all got our own. When Chloe was born she needed her own room and Trent had a huge room. I had to move in with his and for about a few weeks Dad tried to find a cheap way for us to get our own space. He settled on a sliding wall that he placed in the middle of the room. Problem was that one of us got the door and one of us got the closet. To settle this Trent got the door and Dad built him a closet that rested against his wall. For me, well Dad said I needed to deal with what we had. So, to get to my side I have to walk through Trent's space to get to mine.

"Hey Trent." I said to him as I entered the bedroom. He was currently hanging clothes up in his closet.

He turned towards me before going back to what he was doing. "Hey Kim." I was about to walk away when he stopped me. "Wait." I turned back to him. "Mind helping me out?"