3. Search (Eyeless Jack's POV)

I'm..hungry. Not hungry for humans, or for blood. I'm just not..fulfilled. I crouched near the river, cupping my filthy hands to get a drink of the crisp water. Blood and dirt crusted the cuticles of my nails, disgusting me. What have I become? I changed the dirty bandages on my leg, seeing that the cut on my thigh still hasn't healed. My femur bone was beginning to expose beneath my skin, worrying me about my health. But I knew I couldn't stop, I had to keep going. I limped across the Earth's ground, resting underneath a tall oak tree. My memory was beginning to get blurry, which scared me. I didn't want to forget. For this reason, I had began to keep a journal. It reminded me of what and who I was before I became this..this monster. I took out the leather notebook, flipping through the pages. I passed my childhood and my accident, stopping on the page the described YN. God, I miss her. Well, I don't really miss her, considering I don't remember her. But from what I describe her as in my writing, she must have been pretty special to me.
She was my only friend in the world, kind and considerate. YN was beautiful beyond compare, from her eyes, to her laugh, to her hands, to her soul. Sometimes she would hold my hand when we walked to class, and sometimes she would lay my head on her shoulder when I was sad or scared. She would tell me jokes to cheer me up or sometimes bring me tiny gifts like chocolates or homemade cards. Her photograph was taped on one of the faded pages, making the hair stand on the back of my neck. I loved her. And then I abandoned her.