Chapter Three

Chapter 3: January 16th, Broadway.

“Hey Wolfie!

Hope you are doing alright today.

I did not really hide your gift today, so you are going to find it as soon as you get into your first class of the day. It will be on your chair, where you usually sit.

And, since I heard that you really love Broadway Musicals, I think you are going to love your present. At least I hope you like it.

Please like it!

With love,

                 Your secret admirer.”

It was the content of the letter Isaac just found inside his locker. Even though he did not really know who his secret admirer was, Isaac could already feel those infamous butterflies flying around inside of his stomach. It was a good sensation to feel loved.

Isaac felt a little silly for getting to school so early since his secret admirer did not hide his present this time.  Now he wouldn’t have anything to do to pass the time. He even forgot to bring a book with him from home in case he had time to read it.

To Isaac’s luck, he saw Scott coming from the parking lot toward him. Isaac sighed in relief, because Scott would entertain him. Scott always found a way to make him laugh, whether Isaac wanted to or not.

“Hey, buddy!” Scott said as he extended his hand for Isaac to shake it. It was their way of saying hello to each other. It was usually followed by a hug, but it did not happen this time.

“Thank you for coming to save me from boredom, Scottie!” Isaac said as he wrapped his arm around his friend’s shoulder.

“How come you’re bored?” Scott asked, raising one of his eyebrows toward Isaac, who was still holding Scott’s shoulders.

“Not really bored, more anxious. My secret admirer did not hide my gift today, so I will only get it when my first class starts.  So now, I don’t have anything to do to pass the time until then,” Isaac replied, pouting slightly. Scott just let out a low chuckle and ruffled Isaac’s hair gently.

“We can always chat, you know,” Scott said, grinning widely at Isaac. Isaac smiled and nodded in agreement to his friend’s words. Since Isaac arrived in school like two hours earlier, they ended up talking to each other for a long time, telling each other their news, talking about lacrosse, their mutual friends, the usual stuff.

Spending time talking to Scott made the time pass quickly for Isaac, he always enjoyed talking to his best friend. They kind of shared a bond. They were usually with each other all the time, even when they were not talking to each other, like in the lacrosse practice or even in class.

Scott always made Isaac’s heartbeat speed up, but he never really found out the reason. Every touch, every hug would send shivers down Isaac’s spine.

It was a big surprise to Isaac to find himself already heading to class. Time passed so quickly that he did not even realize that it was already time to go to class until Scott grabbed his arm and started walking him towards the classroom. Isaac saw his present right where his secret admirer told him that it would be waiting for him.  He opened the gift paper and found a “Chicago” DVD inside of it. It was his favorite Broadway show ever. He couldn’t help but let a huge smile spread across his face.

His secret admirer knew him so well.