Chapter One

Chapter One: January 14th, the first day and the first gift.

One month. Exactly one month until the Valentine's Day. Not that Isaac Lahey was counting the days, no; he would not do such a thing. One day had passed and he was still worried about the Valentine's Day party, he wanted so bad to go and have fun, just like his friends. It was a thing that every single teenager around the world should be able to experience. Isaac knew it looked a bit too girlish, but this time it was really important to him to try this, go to a party and maybe even a date with someone he really liked and that truly liked him back. He would be kissed and feel special for the very first time after his mother's death.

The school wasn't full of people as usual when Isaac arrived there, so he supposed that it was because he came there too early. Not having anything to do until the arrival of his friends, the Lahey boy went straight to his locker, so he could get a book to read, or just something to study and pass the time. When he reached his locker, he saw an envelope stuck in its door, since it has his name on it, he decided to open the envelope. Inside of it there was a piece of paper with a small text in it.

Isaac took the piece of paper off the envelope, so he could read what was wrote in it. The note was saying:

"Dear Isaac,

I wrote this note to let you know that every day from today until Valentine's Day I will be giving you a present, but it will be hidden somewhere around the school. Don't worry I'll give you clues of where to find it.

*Your first gift is hidden somewhere you usually go.

* There is a field near to it.

* We have met there a few times.

With love,

Your secret admirer."

The Lahey boy read the letter over and over again. How come he got a secret admirer? He never thought anyone would ever fall for him. What if it was a trick from a bully? He would have to find out. Isaac read the clues again paying attention, so he could discover where his first gift were supposed to be. The field was obviously the lacrosse field, but where does he usually go that is near to it?

Isaac walked toward the lacrosse field. It would be easy for him to find the place if he just searched around there. He went to the bleachers and checked every single inch of it, but did not find anything. Then he went to the space behind the bleachers, and again nothing there. The Lahey searched in a lot of places and was almost giving up when he looked at the tree he used to sit down under and read his books. It had to be there.

By far Isaac could already see something under the tree, and it was exactly where he used to sit. He started walking faster because his curiosity was growing and growing. As soon as he reached the tree, he saw the heart shaped box waiting for him. He could not help, but let the wide smile he was trying to avoid to come upon his pale brims. It was true, someone was really in love with him. But who could it be? He had no idea. He would have to wait, wait until this person decides to show up. In his mind the Lahey imaginated a boy. A beautiful boy with a beautiful smile.

Isaac came back to his locker with the box in his hands, to wait for his friends to arrive and tell them what just happened. Maybe one of them knew who it was. He was jumping of excitement when Lydia arrived, she was the first to arrive, so he told her everything.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! It is like the cutest thing ever." Lydia said after Isaac showed her the note and the heart shaped box. "Why didn't you open it yet?" She asked curiously.

"I will open it now." The Lahey said as he and Lydia together started opening the box. Inside the box there was lot of chocolates of different types and from different places. This was a really good present. Isaac's favorite candy has always been chocolate.

"Do you have any idea of who is your secret admirer?" Lydia asked while she took one of the chocolates from the box and put it on her mouth, chewing on it slowly to appreciate its taste.

" Not really." Isaac replied. "But I would really like to know who gave me it."

In the truth, the Martin girl knew who it was, but she could not tell the Lahey about it. He would have to find out by himself.