Chapter 34

"Via and I are going to go walking around the block," Niall calls out to any one of my parents who will listen.

We both exit the house before I shut the door behind me and begin my trek with Niall around town. The sky is cloudy and the pavement is slightly wet from the small amount of rain we just had. I always hated Melbourne weather.

"Thank you for coming with, Niall. I'd hate to be here by myself right now," I confess as I walk by his side.

He smiles sweetly. "It's no worries. Who knows, you may need your big, brave, handsome, funny-"

"Get to the point," I laugh.

He laughs hysterically, thinking he's incredibly funny. "You may need your awesome cousin to protect you," he says a little more seriously. "You know what?" He changes his train of thought.

"What?" I chuckle at his sudden change of demeanor.

"I'm genuinely really excited for Harry to be back on Monday. I will admit it's been a long four weeks," he laughs a little at himself. So am I Niall. So am I.

The thought of Harry coming back brings butterflies to my stomach. I've missed him so much it's crazy. "Make sure you tell him that when you see him! He kept telling me it would go by fast but it really hasn't."

He shakes his head with a smile on his face. "I will. This is the longest holiday he has been on since I've been friends with him. It's been weird not having his cheeky arse hanging around."

It suddenly hits me again as to why he went back to England in the first place. "Niall what if he does decide to move back to England?" I look down to my feet as we walk, fiddling with my hands.

"I don't think he will Via. Has he mentioned anything about finding any places to study or getting jobs or anything?" His brows raise in curiosity.

"Nope. Neither of us bring any of that stuff up," I frown.

"You wanna know what I think?" Niall looks at me intensely, "I think he loves you too much to move with out you. He'd only move if you go with him I reckon," he states confidently.

"He does often bring up that I should think about moving with him if he does move. I don't want to though Niall," I whine like a five year old. "I want to be with him, but I can't move across the world. What if he breaks up with me? Where would I go? What would I do?" I ramble.

"Just stop thinking about it Via," he stops in his tracks, turning to me and grabbing my shoulders to make sure I keep my gaze at him. "You're worrying too much over something that probably won't happen."

"You're right," I fake a small smile.

We both continue walking along the slightly damp path. As I look up, the sky is slowly clearing, finally showing us some decent weather.

As Niall and I both walk silently, it's gets interrupted by a message coming from my phone.

Louis
How's things down in lovely Melbourne? Hope all is good pallll x

Only seconds later, another message comes through.

Louis
Oh and Niall gave me a key to your flat so except to see more of me when you're back ;)

I smile to myself at Louis' messages. His cheery, sarcastic persona has always been a favourite of mine, and it even shows through his messages. He's definitely made the last four weeks that bit better.

Meh things could be worse I guess x. Did he actually?! Do you even live at your home anymore?¿

"Did you actually give Louis a key to our flat?" I quickly ask Niall, a little shocked.

"I thought it would be easier considering he's always there," he shrugs his shoulders casually like it's really not a big deal. I trust Louis, but he now has a key to Niall and I's flat.

"Well thanks for asking me," I whack his back sarcastically. I look back to my phone as it goes off again.

Louis
Here if you need to chat :) it's only one night! You'll be home sooooon!! Maybe I should just move into your flat, would another bed fit into your room?

Niall and I have reached the house but we keep walking, still not wanting to go back yet.

Thanks Louis x. Gee you're a funny bugger!!1!1! I think there's more room in the lounge room for you :))

***

As I sit on my bed, staring at the roof, bored shitless, I think about Monday. I'm so ecstatic that he's coming back. I don't even want to think about the possible outcomes of what could happen with what he decides, but I'll finally get to hug him, kiss him, look into his real eyes, not just the ones on my iPhone screen. Who would've thought you could miss someone so much during one month.

I pull my eyes away from the roof, and look at Niall who's on my right. He's very lightly snoring because he's asleep on his back. I look to my phone that's in my hand, it's six-thirty pm. Dinner would be ready soon. I'm dreading another silent table sitting.

I hear the front door open and shut, then quiet whispers. Maybe someone else is here. Probably one of mum's friends that I have never met.

"Violet, Niall, dinner is ready!" My mum yells to us from the kitchen. I look back to Niall to see her shouting didn't wake him up.

"Give us five!" I yell back to her.

Slowly, I get up off my bed and walk over to Niall. "Niall," I lightly shake his shoulder. Still nothing. "Niall wake up." He grunts and turns over to his side. "Come on Niall it's not even seven o'clock yet and you're ready to sleep all night," I say a little firmer. "Dinner is ready. You have to get up," I shake his shoulder again.

"Alright alright," he waves my hand off his shoulder agitatedly.

"I'm not going out there until you do, so hurry," I fold my arms assertively.

Groggily, he sits up and rubs his eyes. "Why are you in such a rush?" He looks up at me with squinted, tired eyes.

"The quicker the better. I want this over and done with. Then I can go to bed, go to sleep, wake up nice and early on a Friday morning, leave back to Sydney, and then appreciate that Monday is now closer."

Niall gets up off his bed. "Alright let's get this over with then," he walks out of the room so I follow closely behind him.

As I reach the kitchen, I look at the plates set out on the table, there are five plates. "Mum who's the extra plate for?" I look up to her with a confused expression.

She smiles largely and opens her mouth to reply, but she's interrupted.

"Me," I hear a chilly, familiar voice announce from the hall way. I turn around so fast I almost give myself whiplash.

Of fucking course my parents invited Zayn over for dinner.

~

A/N: here's an early update! I'll still be updating Sunday as well :) I hope you enjoy! Please remember to vote and comment your thoughts xx