The Story of Us Dating

An: I apologize in advance for any mistakes, for how horrible it may be, and I apologize for how long it took for me to update this book.
Again, sorry for mistakes.
Enjoy! (: (hopefully)

*Lauren's POV*
"Mama?" One of my daughters called.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Can you tell me a story?" She inquired.

"Sure, which story do you wanna hear today?"  I asked my now eight year old daughter, Lucille.

"Hmm," she thought for a while, "oh, I know! One when you and mommy went on your first date!" She replied excitedly.

I thought about that day and smiled. "Alright, nugget," I complied and began to tell the story, "So, it was a week or two after we met. Mommy and I were at the same coffee shop, just sitting around, talking. At one point she seemed more nervous-

I took a sip of my coffee and look up at Y/N. She was nervously biting her lip, bouncing her leg up and down, and playing with her fingers.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Uh, y-yeah," she stammered, "I-I'm fine." She smiled trying to reassure me, though she still looked nervous.

She drank some of her coffee then cleared her throat, "I, um," she picked at her fingernails, "I wanted to ask you..s-something."

"Okaayy," I then smiled trying to help calm her nerves, "ask me anything."

"W-would you, uh, maybe, want to go out..with me?" She stuttered.

I was a little surprised, to say the least. I didn't think she liked me back. I'd had crush on her since we met, and I did think she reciprocated my feelings. At least, it didn't seem like it. I thought she only liked me as a friend, nothing more.

I must've been quiet a bit long because she seemed to be freaking out now - rushing her words out and stumbling over them. She was looking down at the table as she rambled,

"Uh, y-you don't have to if you don't want to. I-it's just, I really like y-you and I was hoping I could probably take you out to dinner or something, l-like a date. But i-it's okay if you don't want to," her cheeks were tinged pink, she looked embarrassed - probably thinking I didn't like her and now regretted asking me on a date.

I quickly replied, "I would love to go on a date with you," I smiled.

She stopped her rambling, looking up at me. Shock evident on her face, a hopeful glint in her eyes, "r-really?"

I smiled at how adorable she looked, "yes," I told her as if it were obvious. "I like you too, Y/N"

She smiled, biting her lip. She look as if she was trying to contain her excitement, which made me smile even more if that was possible.

"Okay, how does, say, seven sound?" All her nervousness seemed to just vanish.

"Sounds good," I replied, nodding.

She grinned, "alright. I should go and get things set up. Text me if you need anything," she said. We both go up then walked out the door to the parking lot. Once we reached my car, she hugged me and kissed me on the cheek before going to hers, which made me smile.

As I started the engine, I thought about the date - it made me both excited and nervous at the same time.

When I got home, I went to my closet and began looking for something to wear, but I couldn't choose. I know it's only five and I have two hours to get ready, I just want to find the perfect outfit. Maybe I should ask her what type of clothes I should wear.