Forbidden Blood Ch.5

Ch.5 Just when things couldn't get worse

"The vampire passed out!" Roxxi kicked a chair and Haruka flinched. She had never seen Roxxi this angry and it kind of scared her. She touched the vampire's cheek causing Shade to move away from her touch and fall to her side. "It seems she hasn't drank any blood in a while." Roxxi seemed to calm down slightly going over to pick up the chair and sit in it. "How are we supposed to information from someone you take pity on?" Roxxi scowled towards Haruka while Haruka turned Shade to lay on her back. She then turned toward Roxxi and held out her hand. "Can I use your knife?" She asked and Roxxi raised an eyebrow, "What for?" She asked a bit of anger finding its way into her voice. "Just give it." Haruka said in her calm angelic voice that made Roxxi hand it over without a second thought. Haruka cut a large line of red into her hand and winced a little. Tears cascading down her cheeks. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" Roxxi lunged toward Haruka and stole the knife back. Haruka only smiled and held her hand above Shade's mouth. "Haruka!" Roxxi warned but it was too late the pure angelic blood dripped slowly into Shade's mouth causing the life to return to her cheeks. After Haruka was done she went into her bag and started tending to her hand. "You brought a medpac?" Roxxi asked and all her reply was, was a weak smile and a nod. "So how can we get the information?" Roxxi once again looked toward Haruka who had finished with her hand and was now cleaning up. "Don't worry. I'll get the information." Haruka spoke.

***A couple minutes later.

Shade awoke with a start. She sat up and tried to gather her thoughts. 'Okay so some people tried to hurt my Mentor so I kidnapped one of them. Then...I was hurt and tied up....Then I was interrogated and a nice girl asked my name....Then....Then...I think I passed out' Shade thought as she took in her surroundings. The room matched with her memory. Roxxi was sitting in a chair flipping her knife in and out and Haruka was watching T.V. cheerfully. 'Why and angel would hang out with a demon I'll never know.' She thought. Roxxi was the first to notice Shade had awoken. She stood and stalked over to Shade with and small frown. "Ready to talk?" Shade chuckled. "Yeah right like you can make me talk!" Roxxi's frown deepened. "Haruka." Haruka's eyes snapped from the television and moved across the scene. She stood from her spot in the ground and practically flew to next to Roxxi. She then knelt down and pulled Shade's chin up so she could look into her eyes. Shade noticed the bandaging on Haruka's hand. 'What happened while I was out?' Haruka's eyes seemed to glow a deeper red as she stared into Shade's saphire orbs. "Her mentor is out of town on a mission. He should be back tomorrow." Shade's eyes widened as she ripped her face from Haruka's grasp. 'How did she know that from just a look of the eyes?!?' Roxxi pet Haruka on the head as Haruka stood. "Nice job. Though you really should have done that earlier." Haruka smiled and nodded. "You were in the way. Not to mention she had no blood in her. She wouldn't be able to look straight even if I could get close to her." Blood. 'They fed me! No! Who was it? It couldn't have been the demon. I don't feel the darkness of demon blood in me...then...' Shade's eyes shot over to Haruka who was speaking with Roxxi about how her powers work and such. 'She fed me....' Shade seemed defeated.