Forbidden Blood Ch.6

Ch.6 That's just how it goes
Roxxi's P.O.V

My eyes scanned over the area one more time as I smelled the air full of thick morning dew. The sun was quivering on the horizon. Today was the day that Vampire hunter was finally coming back from his mission. I had overdosed the noisy vampire with enough tranquilizers to last her til' I manage to kill him. Then hopefully Haruka will be kind enough to let me kill her too. Vampire's are to untrustworthy to have as pets. "I found you!" Haruka yelped excitedly and ran up towards me. "What're you doin' on the roof?" She asked her long white hair swaying slightly in the wind. "Scanning the area for any suspicious figures." I spoke. "The Vampire hunter guy should be here soon." Haruka had a sad look on her face. She had to know what was going on by now. Whether good or bad it was my job to kill this man for the satanic council of demons. " This man has gone against his duty as a vampire hunter. He has also caused a lot of problems for the council... He must be killed." Haruka pouted but shook her head solemnly. "I understand, but must we kill that girl?" I turned to Haruka, her eyes were begging and she seemed very desperate. I sighed dragging a hand over my tired face. " Fine, she can live. But on one condition." Haruka smiled happily and nodded. "You have to make her trustworthy." Haruka tilted her head and looked at me confused. " How would I do that?" I took one last look at the horizon before turning to walk back inside. "Tell her to kill her master for you." I heard Haruka gasp behind me but I had closed the door before she could protest.
Normal P.O.V
Shade watched as Roxxi returned to the room and glared as she went over and put out the fireplace. "What are you up to?" Shade asked just as Haruka walked into the room after her. "Roxxi! I-" suddenly Roxxi sped over to shade holding up some firewood to her chest. " Wooden stakes are a weakness to vampires... Since Shade hasn't been drinking blood lately it might even kill her, even with her super healing abilities."  Shade bit her lip as she watched Haruka run up to them begging Roxxi to stop. It was true, she would most likely die. To keep everything in balance all mystical creatures have a weakness. Vampires have super healing but can be weakened by not drinking blood and wooden stakes. Angels were as mortal as humans but not many want to harm them because they had the overwhelming power to win people over with their beauty and hearts. Everyone except for Demon's of course who were about the only ones who could kill Angels without any guilt. Demons were practically invincible but can be killed with an Angels rage. When angels rage they go scarily ballistic but otherwise Angels wouldn't hurt a fly. "If you want to save her then decide now." Shades thoughts were interrupted by Roxxi's dark voice. "I-..." Haruka brought up Shades face into her hands. "Shade...would you do.. anything for me?" Haruka's red eyes began to glow and Shade own sapphire eyes grew red as well. " I..Haruka...yes." Haruka's beautiful red eyes began to tear up. " Kill your Mentor." Shade's eyes swiftly turned back Saphire. "What? Why Haruka?" Haruka shook her head. " If you don't you'll die and Roxxi will just kill him anyway." The whole room felt stiff and even breathing became difficult for Shade. How could such cruel words come from an angel? She was tainted by the demon who kept her company. Yet still Shade could not refuse. An Angels charm was overwhelming and the fact that Haruka's blood was now inside of Shade only made matters worse. Shade felt tears spilling from her eyes and she turned her face down in defeat letting her tears drip onto her jeans. She didn't want to give Roxxi the satisfaction of seeing her cry. All those years with her mentor. The man who saved her from becoming a monster..
He took her in, taught her how to hunt down the bastard that bit her made her a vampire. He made her feel welcome even though she knew he had hated vampires for killing his wife. She couldn't kill him. Could she? She felt her fangs elongate in her mouth indicating her thirst for more blood. She turned to Haruka who looked un phased by the bloodlust lingering behind Shade's sapphire irises. Roxxi however could sense the imposing danger and took one indicative step in front of Haruka. "What are you thinking about mosquito?" Shade scowled at the idiotic nickname she had been donned with. She looked back to the ground in disgust, bloodlust still clear in her features. "Shade, I'm sorry. Please, I don't want you to die." Shade's heart ached in that moment as she pictured the pained look Haruka's face must have made as she said those words. "I'll do it." Shade spoke without really any specific emotion. She heard Haruka let out a breath and Roxxi scoff. "But on one condition." She looked back up and wet her lips which had become unbearably dry. "You have to take me with you and let me feed off Haruka." Shade smirked as she finished the statement because of the appalled look that took over Roxxi's face. "Hell no, no way I'm letting that happen." Roxxi spoke up her voice stern and angered. "If that's what she wants then why don't we do it?" Haruka smiled innocently and it almost melted away all tension in the room. Shade nodded in agreement and crossed her arms. "That's just how it goes."