~2~

When I woke up, my arm was itching. That always happened. I grabbed the medicine from my bedside table drawer to stop me from scratching it. I didn't want it to start bleeding again. My gaze settled on a bright pink sticky note stuck to my full length mirror. The happy color looked out of place in my room, with the blue walls and black furniture.

Yawning and stretching, I yanked myself out of bed. I dragged myself over to the mirror to read the note.

"Hey Sweetie!

I had to run to the office, but breakfast is in the fridge, you just need to heat it up! I didn't know when you would wake up, so I threw it in. Have a good day!

~Mom <3"

I cracked a small grin. It was Saturday, so that meant no school. No school meant no bullies. No bullies meant better days. If only they would last longer than the two allowed off for the weekend.

I heated up the bacon and eggs and put some bread in the toaster. When I finished eating, I retreated back to my room. I was contemplating what to do when there was a knock at the door. "Wendy!" Lia called. "Wanna watch Peter Pan with me?" I grinned and opened the door.

"Of course." I answered, hugging her. I followed her downstairs and held her in my lap as I pressed play on the remote. Peter Pan was my favorite Disney movie. It was my mom's favorite, too. That's why she named me Wendy. She always used to call me her "little darling".

"Wendy, will we meet Peter Pan at Disneyworld?" Lia asked, eyes glued to the flying children.

I nodded. "Yep. We're gonna meet Peter Pan, and Micky, and Minnie, and Donald, and Daisy, and Goofy, and pretty much any Disney character you can think of."

"Will I get to talk to them?" She continued.

"They sign your autograph book, then you get a picture with them." I recalled my last trip there, about ten years ago. We ate at restaurants surrounded by characters from movies, we watched parades and fireworks, and had so much fun.

That was the summer before my parents split. I grimaced, remembering the night my mom found out. She went to give my dad a surprise visit at work, but she was the one who got the surprise. My dad and his secretary, lip-locked and barely clothed on top of his desk. The divorce was finalized not long after.

Being only 6 at the time, I didn't really understand what was going on. All I knew was that my daddy wasn't going to be living with us any more. Once, when my mom was at work, I snuck into her office and looked through her papers. Bad, I know. That's where I found out everything.

5 years later, when I started middle school, was when my mom started dating Mark. It was also when the bullying started. Kids would tease me because of my brown hair that came out naturally in ringlets. They teased my too-bright blue eyes. The few friends I'd had deserted me when the bullies got worse.

I cut myself for the first time in 8th grade. It was weird. I didn't know what to expect, so I screamed. Literally. A yell rang out from my throat and I dropped the razor in shock. Thankfully, I was home alone. I cleaned up the mess, put some gauze on, and went on with my life for about four days. That's when I tried again. Practice makes perfect. Soon I was cutting about every two or three days.

A bop on my head shook me from my memories. I saw that I had missed most of the movie. "Wake up, silly!" Lia giggled.

I scrunched up my nose, ignoring my stinging wrist. "I am awake!" Soon, the credits were playing. I yawned and stretched. "Let's go get lunch, 'kay kiddo?"

She hopped up, running into the kitchen. I slowly followed. Just three weeks until the trip. I only had three more weeks of horror.