Chapter 8 *REWRITTEN*

Nolan's POV

It's been about six days since I've thrown Phillips into the cells and today I was finally able to start to deal with that bastard. Ebony was still asleep when I left, leaving her with about ten or so guards watching the house. Since I've been staying at Ebony's side nonstop, I figured I should take some frustrations out on the person who helped make my little wolf the way she is. I'll just go to the cells, torture Phillips for a while and hopefully make it back in time to take my little wolf shopping with Teddy.

Cracking my knuckles, I walked into the room where Phillips was chained. I'm still coming up with a plan to get Perry onto my land, so I can have him chained to the wall- and right now I can't kill Phillips because he's my collateral to getting Perry onto my land.

"So I guess the rumors are true." The bastard coughed as walked in."You really don't fuck around do you?"

"That I do not." I growled. "So why are you on my land."

"I could tell you but that wouldn't be any fun, now would it?"

That's the wrong answer.

"Oh, so you're looking for fun now?" I took out a blowtorch, turning it on. "Cause I like to have fun."

"You shouldn't have let me on your land."

"You faked a rogue attack."

"Shouldn't have trusted me."

"You're right, maybe I shouldn't have trusted you."

His eyes went wide, as I walked closer with the blowtorch, nearing his head with it. "I was sent to kill the girl."

Connecting my fist to his stomach, I asked. "So you thought that it would be okay to come on my land and kill my mate? Why did your alpha send you out of all the people in his pack?

"Because, I'm the only one who knows what makes her tick."

"Meaning?"

"You know what I mean." With that I slammed his head against the wall.

"Keith!" I yelled.

"Alpha."

"I want you to take him down to level nine and put him in a head restraint." I growled before leaving.

Walking back to the house, I knew that I had to take a shower before I took Ebony out today. I thought that Ebony was doing really good after last Sunday but she reverted back to being mute and flinching at every little thing. I'm starting to think that she's only letting me touch her because she thinks I'm going to hurt her. What's really concerning is that she nearly stopped eating almost all together- I'm going to have to take her to the hospital if I can't get her to eat.

What surprised me was after the first day of my mother knowing I had found Ebony once again, she stopped coming over. I've tried calling, texting and mind linking to see if she wants to meet Ebony but she either doesn't answer or she says she's busy. My mother was the first one I asked if she wanted to go shopping with me and my little wolf and she said she was busy, so I'm giving it some time before asking her again.

Dismissing the guards, I walked into the house. After taking a shower, I walked into our bedroom to see that my little wolf was sleeping. Smiling at how comfortable she looked, snuggled into the pillows. Or it did until she started whimpering- do I wake her up? Or is that sleepwalking? How often has she been having these nightmares?

"Little wolf, wake up." I shook her shoulder, once again her eyes snapped wide open. "Bad dream?" I got a head nod before sitting down on the bed, pulling her into my arms, hoping she would stop shaking. "Teddy should be here in an hour, do you want to take a shower real quick?" Another head nod. "Alrighty, come on." I helped her off the bed. "I'll be downstairs if you need anything, okay?"