Differences between you and I

Jim got to the shore line.

He took off the swimming gear into his remarkably clean civilian attire that the Enterprise happened to have. He put the suit under a pile of rocks. He saw a sign reading 'shoreline of California rocky beach'. Since when did California get a rocky beach?, Jim thought. He saw there being the shapes of rocks sticking out almost in the shape of a boulders. He saw there being mostly running into the distance while some of them slipped and fell. It was like they were sloppy roof hoppers. He had one hand on his phaser feeling the hair on the back of his neck go up. The only time he felt that was when he was going to be ambushed. Ambushed. Of all his years in Star Fleet that was one of the natural instincts he was left: grabbing onto his phaser.

Jim turned around then aimed it at the one standing behind him.

It was Khan with a flat wet hair due straight in the dead middle embroiled in rage.

Rage that Jim once himself had after the death of his son.

"Kill me, get it over with," Khan said. "I have no one."

Jim lowered the phaser.

"I could kill you right now," Jim said. "But I am not."

"Why not?" Khan asked, outraged.

"The difference between you and I is that I am merciful," Jim said. "And I am going to let you feel the wrath of my other self." Jim dropped the phaser, stepped on it, broke it into pieces, and smashed into pieces once more using his shoe. Jim stepped back from the mess of wires, liquid, and cracked metal. "I have learned one thing," He held up his index finger. "One very important thing about hate," He lowered his hand down. "Is that hate get you no where."

Jim stepped back, putting both hands into his pockets.

"If I were you. . . " Jim said. "I would start running."

Khan looked up to see the Enterprise coming from the clouds then he looked in the direction of Jim.

"This is not over." Khan said, remarkably dry for his condition.

"As a friend of mine once said, 'Technically, it is not.' a long time ago." Jim said.

And with that Jim watched Khan run fast, very fast for a superhuman.

Now, time would only tell if the Enterprise noticed Admiral James T. Kirk was on the surface and not in the guest assigned quarters.

So Jim started to time them.

It wasn't too soon that a younger Spock appeared and ran after the superhuman man who was now in the fog.

Jim whistled and waited patiently.

His pattern and energy might be very similar to his other self so it would get on the radar of the Enterprise, shortly.