Medical excuse

What a shame, Jeremy Brooke thought gazing upon the body of Kirk, life and energy and he dies saving the ship.

Jeremy had recently gotten off the communications with a relative of young Kirk three hours ago.

Jim Hook Kirk.

It should be: James Hook Kirk.

Who would have named their son after Captain Hook?

Lunatics.

Jeremy walked back over to the desk then sat down into his chair humming a song.

"Lying in the snow, like a horses sled, in a song where the lyrics are butchered," Brooke sang, with one leg over another looking about the Christmas decorated morgue.

It had been months since Christmas came around the corner.

Truth to be told, Brooke kept the decorations up because it brought life into the large morgue where dead bodies were on the tables covered by a white sheet. The room of death. Full of it. Empty. Lacking life. Talking to the dead was a habit that grew on Brooke. He didn't really have a bright life outside of these walls. He found himself happy to be in solitude. He enjoyed being in this place rather than in a open park or out and about. He was going to transfer to a medical oriented vessel next month. He had to step out of his turtle shell. It would take four hours to get rid of the decorations. Sometimes the dead bodies of civilians would come through for autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Kirks?

They had yet to locate a living relative to claim his body.

"Poor kid," Jeremy said. "No living relative claiming your body. How that is sad . . . ." He looked over to the body on the table from his chair. "You don't have any idea about sadness. . . well of course you do but this is under a different level. It's like your entire life was snatched away."

Jeremy whistled, leaning back.

"Why you snatched it away," Jeremy retorted to no one in particular. "You took it away from yourself."

The doors opened for McCoy into the morgue.

"Hello," McCoy said. "I am Leonard McCoy, Kirk's doctor, there is a medical emergency and I need his body."

"For what?" Jeremy asked.

"Body skin transplant," McCoy said. "He is the most compatible match for a recipient who burned 99% of his skin due to a shuttle crash last year."

Jeremy stood up then picked up the Padd from the table.

"Oh my," Jeremy sad, quite stunned. "Care to sign this?" He held the Padd. "If you are going to use this body for a medical emergency. . ."

McCoy took out his own pen and Padd then jotted down on the log.

Kirk's body was transferred to another table different from the simple gray and depressing gray table by two assistants McCoy brought with him.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

McCoy, once outside of the morgue, had a sigh of relief.

This was CRAZY.

If McCoy wasn't so sure about this working in the long run he would be wondering he had gone mad due to the grief he went through after the loss of Kirk. Kirk was his friend. A friend he had gotten to know in Star Fleet academy. The Kobayashi Maru was just one of many cheated tests Kirk had done. Kirk had cheated on the tests by manipulating beautiful hot-ass chicks using his 'looks'. In fact McCoy was aware that Kirk had cheated through several tests! Too many to count.

"You owe me, Jim," McCoy said. "For this mess."

If Kirk were alive, he would have replied "Of all the messes I have been in." with a laugh.

Now, he had to get one of Khan's frozen people to get a blood transfusion with Kirk.

Oh dear.

He had to figure--oh wait! Perhaps . . . It can work. The lie 'Star Fleet Medical emergency, classified, need one of Khan's people' could work.

The hope of Kirk coming back to life was enough to attempt this.

"Doctor McCoy?" Came one of the assistance.

McCoy realized that he had stopped in his tracks thinking.

"Coming!" McCoy said, catching up.

Kirk owed McCoy after this, that he knew.

Big time.