Chapter 6 : Racing heart

What's wrong with him? he's the one who brought me to this place and that's how he's gonna take responsibility of it? by leaving me behind? 

He's just like everyone else's predictions. 

Well here comes Tiff and Jesse, again. 

Jesse: Al? what happened? I was out and when i came back everyone was gossiping that you and Anderson are.. dating?

Tiff: seriously Al?

"Come on guys, you of all people should know that even a gazillion stars starts shooting right here where we stand, I'll never go out with him." that's what I said, but actually for the first time I felt bad about what I said earlier to Anderson. Maybe I should apologize. My words were harsh I know that.

Tiff: Forget about Anderson okay? Let's just focus on summer vacation! cause, as you can see, i finally packed up the plans and the whole batch seems to like the idea!

Jesse: actually, this is according to your evil plan.. *ugh

Tiff: stop it Jess. Al's gonna love it. trust me. you too Jess. 

Jesse: Don't ever put me in an awkward situation pls. Don't you overdo it. 

Tiff: I won't.. such a mood killer. come on, Ms. Valentines' already inside the room.

Tiff and Jesse grabbed me going inside the room i feared the most right now. I took a step forward in entering the room but.. suddenly they didn't notice me.. or us? it's like what happened a while ago was just a nightmare. Ms. Valentine's writing in the blackboard while my classmates' are minding their own business. 

I sat in my place, and I saw how busy my classmates are. Some are doing their nail polish, some are heroically reading the book, some are chatting, some are just texting with their phones. What a boring class. 

Ms. V: Alright class! enough with your dily-doo things. let's get to the chase.... (chitchat-chitchat)

Huh? I wonder where's Anderson? He's not seating behind me. I don't see him in the classroom either. maybe he skipped class, I wonder.

Ms. V: So class, what did you learn about the story of the little prince?

I hate it when she asked us about this books and other more. It seems like when it comes to this, I was the only one she sees. 

There it goes. She's looking straight to my eyes. waiting for me to respond by looking. 

Ms. V: Yes --

UGH! Its me again!

Ms. V: Mr. Anderson? what do you think about the story?

huh? Anderson? is here... behind me? but just a while ago he wasn't.. I turn around and saw him. He was there. Why am I so relieved? I turn around again as I hear his answer.

Anderson: It's a great story actually. about falling in love even though you knew that one day the rose will wilt. Courageous love. 

*claps

Everyone in the class seems to favor his answer and they started clapping. Tiff looks like she's into his answer too. But me? I still don't understand. I mean I red the book. But, as the little prince's journey come to an end? why will he still be happy even if the ending is too bitter. 

Ms. V: Well said Mr. Anderson. I wonder if you apply that too in the real life.

Anderson: Ahaha. Not that I actually have to answer that.