Chapter 14 : Pictures

"Did you hear what I said?" 

I asked. 

He just stood there, smiling at me. 

"You're really unbelievable Allie Thompson."

And so he came rushing to me, then hugged me. 

I closed my eyes and I can perfectly feel his body with mine. Leaves falling beneath our feet during which the heavy wind blows and he hugged me tighter. It was too good to be true. I can finally realize my own feelings. I like him. I really like Anderson. 

"Al look.." He pointed at our feet.

"Our shadows have finally overlapped each other." He smiled. 

I love the way he look right now. 

"We have to go back now." I said.

"Fine. But I'll be holding your hands so you won't go for assurance purposes." He's being cheeky as usual. 

We arrived at their house exactly at the right time. 

His grandparents together with Tiff called us and we all had dinner. 

It was a fun night. Tiffany's really getting close to Mama Amy, and in my surprise Papa Joe was talking to her too. I'm so glad we came here. 

After dinner Mama Amy asked us to stay over for just a night because they don't want to let us girls to go home by ourselves. We called our parents and they talked to Mama Amy and Papa Joe. Well it was a lot easy talking to my parents cause my mom actually knows them. I heard Papa Joe over the phone saying 'Elizabeth you know that Robert's works are still alive even though he's not here.' I almost cry when I heard that. When they gave back my phone to me I can feel my mom's voice was a little shaky which means she was about to cry any moment. I had to hung up. 

We toured around the house and Papa Joe showed me the painting he bought from my dad. It was all beautiful. There was this significant painting of a hand holding daffodils and behind the painting my dad wrote 'my sweet angel', I knew right then it was me, whenever I fell asleep and woke up with daffodils in my hand. 

Everything was just so perfect. 

Everything that happened was meant to be. It made me grew closer to my dad and to Anderson. 

While Anderson and his grandparents were busy fixing our bed, me and Tiff finally had the chance to talk. 

"So?.. How did it go?" She asked. 

"Well.. I said it." While I was looking my bag for things. 

"Yes!" She screamed. 

I covered her mouth because Anderson will hear us.

"They'll hear us!" I warned her. 

"But!! You finally said it! So what was his reaction?" She asked. At first I was kinda worried for Tiff cause I know she liked Anderson. But she seems fine.

"He was.. okay? I guess.." I simply nodded. 

"Fine.. I won't ask for more.." She kinda forfeited early in this conversation. 

She was quiet for a minute. 

"I can't take it Al! One last question, so are you two officially dating now?" She asked. 

"Probably. Something like that." I said. 

She was screaming herself out but with no sound. It was all reactions.