Chapter 10 : 7 Minutes

Jealousy..

Hatred..

Confused..

All those emotions started rising to me. No words can explain how badly I wanted to go and scream it all out. Then my dad popped inside my darkest moment. 

"Al.. Are you scared of Ferris wheel?" 

It was that time when my dad took me to an amusement park. I would always have sparkly eyes wanting so bad to ride a Ferris wheel. But the truth is I can't.. It's because I'm not scared of it, but I'm terrified of heights. It's like I'm gonna drown in an endless zone of free fall. 

"Listen Al, the greatest thing in life is when you get scared. It's when all emotions started to mix so well in you. Once you recognized that feeling and got the courage to try, it will be all worth it."

Ahh.. Yeah.

This is what he's talking about. 

"It's Al's turn!" Melissa became the head person in the game since Tiffany seems quiet and I kinda know why. 

"Jesse, Which is which? Tiffany or Allie?" Melissa and her group seems to be enjoying the game as we all succumbed in an unknown storm coming our way. 

Took a while for Jesse to answer. 

"Tiffany." He said. 

It was right. I always choose Tiffany over myself. 

"Damn! you're good Gray. 7 minutes in Heaven you two!" Everyone was pushing me and Jesse in the storage room and is about to be locked for 7 minutes. As the door was closing I saw Anderson and Tiffany walked away talking. What are they talking about? 

It was dark. 

But thank God I'm with Jesse and not someone else. 

"Hey Al.. remember that time we went fishing in the park?" Jesse broke the silence in me.

"The time Tiffany run away because the fish she caught was on her face and you started crying for no reason at all?" I perfectly remember those days with them. It was so memorable for me since they're the only one's I got before my mother came back. 

"Haha! you remember!" Jesse laughed carelessly. I like this about him. It's like he doesn't care at all what people might say or what they do to him. He's like a free bird. Always cheering us whenever we're feeling down. Like I'am right now. 

"Al.. I saw you back there.. when Anderson kissed Tiffany.." Shoot I forgot he's sitting beside me. 

"To be honest I never thought Tiffany would like Anderson at all. He's kinda like the jerk-type-of-guy-dating-all-hot-girls.. He's punchable to me." I was still saying nothing. I was dead on scared of what he might say because I'm actually guilty of something. 

"We only got 7 minutes.." Jesse must be so broken right now after seeing Anderson kissed Tiffany. What should I say?

"I've been meaning to say this for a long time now.." He started looking at me.

"I like you Allie Thompson. From the very beginning." 

My heart won't stop beating right this moment. 

It was like thunder roaring and finally freezing me non-stop. 

I don't know what to say. It was easy with Anderson because in my head I'm always thinking that he's joking. But with Jesse, I can see he's serious. It was the first time seeing this side of him.