Share

"No way." Sean told her. "We're bunking together."

"I'm sorry. It's policy. Everyone gets their separate rooms." She apologizes.

"No. We'll sleep in the hall if we have to. We're not getting separate rooms."

She paused for a second. "I'll check if there's anyway we can pass it but just know, its a rule." Then she turned and headed back down the hall.

"Why would you say we'd sleep in the hall?" I asked.

"'Shut up, it doesn't matter what I said. Either way, we're sharing a room."

She arrived moments later with a man, the manager maybe.

"What's the issue over here, boys?" He confronted us.

"She says its policy to have separate rooms but we do everything together. We share everything. Sharing a room is easier for me to make sure he's safe." Sean answered.

"Oh don't worry about safety," the man chuckled, "there's nothing to worry about here. He'll be safe on his own."

"That's an opinion and it's also considered a risk. I don't take risks unless its for my family not over them. We share or we go."

"Alright." The man said hesitant. "You can share but if anyone else complains over it, you separate. We're all equal here understand?"

Sean nodded.

"Okay then. Here's your key. Your bags are already inside." The women was still cheerful when she said this.

"Thanks again." Sean said, taking the key.

He unlocked the door with it. It was a sensor key. It unlocked with a scan of the barcode.

Once opened, we stepped inside and looked around.

It was huge! It had one King sized bed. I wasn't disappointed in that. I mean, they had been expecting only one occupant.

There was a desk and a huge walk in closet. Paintings lined a wall and a large window on the other. The view was nice-the courtyard and its glowing scenery.

The room had other cool extra stuff like computers, nice blankets, beanbags, a T.V., etc.

The sun had gone down quite a bit since we'd gotten there. We arrived pretty early but we were there longer than we'd thought.

The nightstand by the bed had a lamp and digital clock on top of it. The clock read '8:23'.

"Are we going out today?" I asked him. If he was planning on going anywhere, we'd have to do it now for there was limited time.

"Not tonight." He answered as he removed our bags from off the bed. "I'm tired."

He kicked off his shoes and sprawled out on the bed.

"Come to bed."

I did as told and joined him.

"Kade, I gotta tell you something."

"Alright." I said. "Go ahead."

"I don't have a plan." I looked over at him. "I never did."

I cuddled closer to him. "That's okay. You're here. It's okay."