Chapter 22

Paisley's POV

I wake up to a banging on the door. I jump up off the couch and run to the bedroom. I quickly slip on shorts and a tank top. It's like 2am who could be at the door? I run to the door and look through the hole. It's dark and all I can see is a tall black figure. I start to panic. "Lana." I run and over and start shaking her . She jumps up. "Baby what's wrong?" "Someone's banging on the door. I don't know who it is I looked through the hole and I can't tell." I'm trying to be quiet and maybe they'll things were gone.

I grab her hand and pull her into the bedroom. I hand her shorts and a T-shirt. "Lana we have to hide." She takes the clothes from my hands and quickly puts them on. "Pais. It could just be the people in the room next to us or a worker. They're probably gone by now. Just calm down okay." She's right, but I have a weird feeling about it. With everything that's happened to us recently, I just want to be careful.

I hear another bang in the door and Lana walks out of the bedroom. I follow close behind her. She opens up the door. It's hard to make out who it is. The hallway is dimly lit. I hear Lana speak up. "Shit. Charlie? What are you doing here?" "Can I come in? We need to talk." Lana hesitates but steps back and he walks in. I turn on the lights and we follow him to the couch.

I sit next to Lana, so she's in the middle. "What do you want?" " Mom and dad told me about your...new ways I guess I can put it." He points over to me. "You know they aren't happy, and neither am I. So, I'm going to take care of all this. Go get all of your shit. You're both coming with me."

Lana's POV
"No we aren't going anywhere with you." He pulls out a gun, making me jump. "Go get your shit. I said you're coming with me." I grab Paisley's arm and pull her to the bedroom. He gets up and follows us. "You've got five minutes before I blow your fucking brains out so I suggest you hurry up." I quickly gather my things and put it into my bag, Paisley does the same.

He leads us to the door. I'm having a hard time walking, I'm shaking too much. He takes us out to his car. "Both of you get in the back." He grabs duct tape and ties both of our hands behind our back so we can't do anything. He starts driving, and it's pretty quiet. The only sounds are the cars passing us, None of them knowing we need help. I look over at Paisley. She's biting her lip and frantically looking around. She's thinking of something, I can tell. "What are you going to do to us? Please don't hurt Lana. Hurt me instead." "Shut up , whatever the hell your name is." "Don't talk to her like that." He grips the steering wheel harder and speeds up. I think it's best if no one talks at this point.

We pull up to a small, rough looking house. It's about 3:30 so it's still dark. He comes to one of the doors and let's us out. "Scream and I'll kill you both right now." We walk up to the house. He pulls out keys and unlocks he door. As we walk in, a horrible smell hits us. It smells like something has died in here.

"Come with me." We follow him into a room towards the back of the house. He flips the light switch, lighting the room. He points to Paisley. "You. Your in here." He throws her bag onto the ground. all that's in here is a small, dirty bed. There's no windows or anything. "Lizzy your coming with me." I mouth the words, 'I love you' to Paisley as he pushes me out of the room. He locks the door and shoves the key into his pocket.

He takes my arm and brings me to the room next to Paisley's. The house is pretty big on the inside. The room is equally as disgusting as Paisley's, and there's just one, small bed. He throws my bag on the ground. He cuts the duct tape off of my wrists. He pushes me towards the bed. I sit down and he shuts the door.

I try to fight back the tears. "Why are you doing this?" "This is your punishment. Mom and dad told me to do it. They told me everything. They told me how you lied to them saying she was your friend. Then, how they walked in on you eating her out." I feel my face turning red. "That's fucking gross Lizzy. And you know we don't accept it. They told me to come end it. Either I'll find a way to make her leave or I'll have to kill her." I feel myself getting choked up. The tears pour out. I put my hands up to my face. "You can't do that. Please just let us leave. We won't talk to any of you anymore. You can all forget about us. Why can't you let me be happy?" "Because this is wrong. You've never dated a girl before. This is weird Lizzy. No one know you were lesbian." Im getting pissed. I raise my voice. "I'm not! I'm strai- I don't know what I am but that shouldn't matter. I'm happy with her. Why should it matter if she's a girl or boy?" "Don't raise your voice at me I could kill you right now." He reaches into his pocket. I feel a sharp pain in my neck. I fall backwards onto the bed. I hear the door slam as he walks out. Everything slowly turns black.