Chapter 44

Paisley's POV

I wake up to the sun shining in my face and the sound of Lana's beautiful voice coming from the kitchen. I stand up and stretch, getting slightly dizzy. I slowly walk towards the kitchen, so I can listen to Lana sing to whatever song is on the radio. I peek around the corner to see what she's doing. She's dancing around in a white tank top, and panties, while trying to cook. I put my hands over my mouth and giggle. She suddenly stops and looks around the corner.

She laughs and takes my hand. She pulls me into the kitchen and starts to twirl me around. She pulls away and starts dancing and singing on her own. She uses the spatula as a microphone and starts singing to me. I smile and snatch the spatula out of her hands. "You're going to burn the Pancakes!" I walk to the stove and flip the pancake over. "Lana what did I tell you. It's burnt" She laughs, "That one's yours babe." I put the pancake on the plate sitting next to the stove. I rest my hand on my hip. "Oh really? I think it should be yours. Since you're the one who burnt it." I pour the batter onto the pan. 

As Lana continues to sing and dance, I make her another pancake. It finishes and I set it on her plate. A slow song comes on the radio, and I feel Lana wrap her arms around me from behind. She slowly sways us back and forth. I turn around and wrap my arms around her neck and rest my head in the crook of her neck. Her hands wrap around my waist, holding me close. She sings quietly, almost a whisper. It's beautiful, and could almost put me to sleep. 

We're both on cloud 9. Things couldn't get better, life is perfect. I lift my head up and look into her beautiful green eyes. I lean in and kiss her as the song ends. I pull away and grab our plates. I set them down on the table. "Didn't want the burnt one I see." I smile. "Of course not, I saved it for you." We both laughed. We eat in silence and Lana asks, "So, quick question. Where'd you get all the money for everything?" "The music video." "Oh yea, forgot about that." I laugh and roll my eyes.

"So Lana, I was thinking we tell our parents. I know it sounds crazy, but I mean I want them to know. I know neither of them will accept it, but I don't care." I look up from my plate and look at Lana. Her eyes are wide. "Paisley, they'd kill us. In case you forgot, your dad put me in the hospital, and my parents were apart of that group that wanted to kill us. I don;t think it's a good idea hun. I don't want anything bad to happen. We've been through so much shit anyway. It's best we just leave them out of our life." She pulls me onto her lap. "Yea, I guess you're right. How are we gonna tell everyone?" "I was thinking we could go out to dinner or something." I sit quiet for a second. "Do you think we could go back to Ohio for a few days? So I could tell a few people there." "Yea, I think that would be fine. As long as we don't see your parents." I hug her tight. "Yay! I'm so excited!" I get up off her lap and take our dishes to the sink. 

Lana's POV

Paisley gets off my lap to do the dishes. I take my phone out to send a text to everyone about dinner tonight. I told them it was our last night here, so we could have one last get together. They have no idea we have news for them.

___________________________________________

We walk into the restaurant, seeing everyone waiting. It's just the people from the music video, since that's all who's really here.We get seated and order food and drinks. I look at Paisley for assurance it's time to tell them. I smile and bite my lip. I grab her hand from under the table. "Hey everyone. I have something to tell you." They all get quiet and look at us. "So, as of last night, Paisley and I are engaged." They all smiled and congratulated us, except Chuck. She got up from the table and came over to us and hugged us. "Chuckie, you're squeezing me to death." I laugh. "Sorry." She let's go. "Congrats guys. I'm so happy for you two!" She goes to sit back down. I show off my ring to everyone and talk about how Paisley proposed until our food came.

_________________________________________________________

We get back to the hotel at almost 11. We are both tired, but we need to pack. I follow Paisley into the bedroom. We take off our clothes and change into pajamas. I lay out an outfit for tomorrow and throw the rest of my stuff in my bag, and Paisley does the same. I crawl into bed. I feel Paisley get in and wrap her arm around me, pulling me close. She moves my hair out of the way and kisses behinds my ear. "Goodnight Lizzy." "Night Pais."