Neji One Shot

"Why must you pain me so much?! What is it that I have done to you to deserve this?!" Rina screamed, tears pouring wildly from her eyes.

She couldn't stand the pain anymore. She wanted to just make the pain go away.

"Who are you to put me in such misery?! Answer me! Neji!" She screamed her heart out to him but he doesn't seem to hear. His head was down, letting his hair cast a a shadow over his eyes.

The rain continued to pour above them. The pink-haired girl restrained by Shinobi from Ame, thrashed about while shouting profanities at the black-haired Hyuga. Her tears, falling nonstop along with the heavy rain.

He didn't want it to happen. Yet he couldn't do anything. He cannot even look at the girl infront of him straight in the eyes. It pains him to see her like this yet he could not move from where he stood. He wanted to pull her in his arms and comfort her, like he always did, but he can't. His body was refraining him from doing so.

The Hyuga kept his gaze on the ground as the Shinobi pulled the girl out of the village. He clenched his fists, stopping the tears that threaten to fall. He slowly walks back to the Hyuga compound.

---

"They took Rina...?" Asked his mother. He did not say anything in reply.

The sliding door slowly opened. A certain violet-haired Hyuga entered the household. "Are you just going to let this happen, Neji?" The girl asked. Despite how she acts infront of other people, her face right now was serious. A frown was cast upon her lips as she gave a blank stare to this boy. Neji did not reply.

The girl rushes toward him and slaps him across the face. "How could you, of all people, let this happen?!" Neji was shocked at the girl's action but kept silent. Hinata was never the violent-type, she usually just sits in a corner, looking weak and vulnerable. Not seeing the reply she wanted from Neji, Hinata stapped him once more. "You imbecile. How can you let that happen to a girl who cared so much for you?!"

Hinata looked at the ground, tears streaming down her face. "She always had a smile on her face while she spekas about you. Her eyes always light up when she hears your name. Yet why can't you save her? Is she not precious to you?" With those words, Hinata left the household.

Everything finally made sense to Neji. His eyes were wide as tears fell freely. She was right. He told himself. I could have stopped them but I didn't. I just let them take her away. Tears continued to fall as he scolds himself. I let her suffer when she did nothing other than make sure I was happy. She always made me smile yet I didn't save her.

Neji stood up, keeping his gaze down. "Mother, I will be out. When I come back, I will bring her with me." With that, he dashed out the house, toward the Hokage Mountain. He shouted in a clear and loud voice, "EVERYONE! WE WILL GET RINA BACK!" He started running towards the gate, later on joined by Naruto, Choji, Shikamaru, and the others.

"You finally made up your mind." Shikamaru said in a low voice.

"You finally realized who Rina is to you." Ino added with a smile.

"We will bring her back, that's a promise." Naruto said with a thumbs up and a grin.

"I'm glad I was able to put some sense in you Neji." Hinata said with a smile.

"What exactly did you do Hinata?" Asked Choji.

"Nothing." The girl replied, avoiding him.

"Alright!!!" Sakura screamed. "We will get Rina back! Even if it's the last thing we do!!!" She fist bumped the air, the others screamed shouts of agreement with fists held high.