Chapter 7: Fred's Final Farewell

Lucius Malfoy looked around at the large isolated farm house he had been hiding in for the past three days. The brick building was in various stages of decay as, due to their age, the previous residents had not been able to carry out the necessary maintenance to keep the building in good order. The grounds surrounding the building and several smaller outbuildings were also heavily overgrown.

The residents had not had visitors for a long time, and that suited Lucius perfectly. He had had no compunction in killing the elderly couple who had been surprised by his sudden appearance on their property. He would use this house for as long as he felt safe to do so, and then he would merely find another suitable location and remove any obstacles that stood in his way.

His desire for revenge seethed within him and he would now start making his plans. Draco would be crucial to those plans as there were now so few he could trust and call for help. He just hoped the story of his escape from Hogwarts would reach the right kind of people. Without assistance his rage would remain impotent; and he would eventually be captured, trapped and cowering like a hare cornered by hounds.

Lucius was determined; Harry Potter and his friends would suffer dearly for the humiliation and defeat endured by him and his son.

                                                               *

"Good morning, Gin," said Harry softly, as he lay in bed next to Ginny, watching her as she slowly opened her eyes and smiled at him.

The morning sunlight streamed in through the small window of Ginny's room, and Harry could hear the Weasley's moving around the house. Harry knew the charms he had used last night would prevent anyone from entering the bedroom, but it wouldn't stop Mrs Weasley from knocking on the door. Surprisingly this hadn't happened as yet.

"Good morning, Harry. How did you sleep?" Ginny asked as she yawned, trying to shake off the last of her sleepiness.

Harry grinned at her, recalling his wonderful dreams of Ginny and a possible future that now had a chance to become real.

"Very well thank you, Gin. And you?"

Ginny stretched and draped her arm across Harry's chest. "Better than ever. How's your chest feel?" she asked warily.

Harry picked up Ginny's arm off his chest and peered at the scar that had replaced the ugly wound. He rubbed it tenderly until he realised that he felt no pain from the scar. Ginny propped herself up on her elbows and watched as Harry examined the scar.

"My poor scarred Harry. Is there anything I can do?" asked Ginny.

"No, my Ginny. It's alright," answered Harry as he rested his head back onto the pillow.

Ginny leaned over Harry and gently kissed the scar on his chest. Harry felt the warmth spread through him, and electricity surged in his mind. Ginny slowly moved her kisses up his body; reaching his neck, then jaw line, and finally his lips. Harry let out an involuntary moan as Ginny's kisses began to intensify, before the inevitable knock at the door brought the couple back to reality.

"Harry, Ginny, time to get up," called Mrs Weasley through the door.

Ginny sighed. "I swear that woman can sense it whenever I start to have too much fun."

Harry was just grateful she hadn't tried to open the door. He didn't fancy trying to explain to his girlfriend's mother why he had sealed the bedroom. He looked at Ginny and saw the disappointment in her eyes.

"You know... she can't get in here at the moment," Harry pointed out, a sly grin on his face.

Ginny began to laugh. "I don't think that would stop her. I won't be shocked if her face appears in the window any second now."