Death Bringer Quotes

"Valkyrie patted Fletcher's arm. "Don't worry," she said. "If the bad man comes, I'll protect you."

"If the bad man comes," Fletcher responded, "I'll bravely give out a high-pitched scream to distract him. I may even bravely faint, to give him a false sense of security. That will be your signal to strike."

"We make a great team."

"Just don't forget to stand in front of me the whole time," he said."

(6)

"The man had a smooth voice, like velvet. "I'm Detective Inspector Me. Unusual name, I know. My family were incredibly

narcissistic. I'm lucky I escaped with any degree of humility at all, to be honest, but then I've always managed to exceed expectations. You are Kenny Dunne, are you not?"

"I am."

"Just a few questions for you, Mr Dunne. Or Kenny. Can I call you Kenny? I feel we've become friends these past few seconds. Can I call you Kenny?"

"Sure," Kenny said, slightly baffled.

"Thank you. Thank you very much. It's important you feel comfortable around me, Kenny. It's important we build up a level of trust. That way I'll catch you completely unprepared when I

suddenly accuse you of murder." (6)

"We punch people, Valkyrie. That's who we are. Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed."

(6)

"You think Bernadette Maguire killed him?"

"Uh... no. She's, like I said, she's old."

"Old people can kill people too."

"I know, but..."

"She could be a ninja."

"She's not a ninja, for God's sake. She's somebody's great grandmother."

"I want you to think carefully about this, Kenny. Have you ever seen her with a sword?"

"What?"

"How about throwing stars?"

"This is ridiculous."

"Have you ever seen her dressed up as a ninja? That would have been my first clue."

The girl sucked in her cheeks so she wouldn't laugh out loud."

(6)

"We're not really intruding," he called down. "This is all a big misunderstanding."

"Stop right there!" shouted one of them.

Skulduggery held his hand to an ear he didn't have.

"What's that?"

"Stop!"

"Keep going?"

"STOP!"

"OK, we'll keep going."

(6)

"I think zombies are kind of cute."

"Seriously?"

"I may be thinking about bunnies. Which one has the fluffy little tail, zombies or bunnies?"

"Bunnies."

"Then it's bunnies I'm thinking of."

(6)

"The rain battered the cottage. Valkyrie risked a look up at Skulduggery.

"What is it?" she whispered.