More Death Bringer Quotes

"Come on. I know you're not a stupid man.'

'I'm quite stupid. Ask anyone.'

'Finbar, are there superheroes living among us?'

Finbar snorted with laughter and Kenny started to feel a little thick. 'Superheroes? In tights and capes, flying around? If there were superheroes, Mr. Journalist, don't you think they'd be in New York or somewhere like that? There's not that many tall buildings for Spiderman to swing from in Dublin, you know? He'd have maybe two good swings and then hang there looking disappointed.'

'These people don't wear tights and capes, Finbar.'

'So they're naked superheroes? That's grand for now, but when the good weather is over they're going to regret it.'

'They look like us. They dress like us. But they're not like us. They're different.'

'You,' Finbar said. 'Are sounding very racist right now."

(6)

"The lies we tell other people are nothing to the lies we tell ourselves."

(6)

"You make a good point,' Fletcher conceded. 'See, there's a reason why you're the girl and I'm the boy. You think about things while I...'

'Don't?'

'Exactly,' he said happily."

(6)

"But if you can confront your inner demons-"

"I did confront my inner demon. I punched him in the face and he exploded."

Valkyrie had to laugh. "But now he's back."

"Of course he's back. He's resourceful. He is my inner demon, after all."

(6)

"So how are we going to get into the temple, anyway? Are we going to fight our way through the Necromancers on our own?'

'No, we're going to find a way to let our friends in, and then we'll let them fight while we stand by and look smug.'

'I like that plan.'

'It has its moments."

(6)

"Every human being who has ever lived has the same potential in them for good and evil. Mortal or sorcerer, it doesn't matter. Power has a way of bringing out the worst in people. Mevolent. Serpine. Hitler. Lord Vile. Darquesse. We're all the same."

"You just put me on a list with Hitler."

"You're going to start sulking again, aren't you?"

(6)

"Mum said earlier what a lovely dress

you're wearing."

Beryl's eyebrows wriggled like two tiny tapeworms. "This?" she said. "But I've had this for years."

It was a beige dress that would have looked better on an eighty year-old. Any eighty-year-old, man or woman.

"I think you've really grown into it," Valkyrie said.

"I always thought it was a little shapeless."

Valkyrie resisted the urge to say that was what she meant."

(6)

"The fact is that we have no way of knowing if the person who we think we are is at the core of our being. Are you a decent girl with the potential to someday become and evil monster, or are you an evil monster that thinks it's a decent girl?"