thirty-one

Nash Grier

I wasn't surprised by Cameron's distaste towards me. I broke his heart and I fully understand that. It was how he expressed his hate. It was soul shattering. The fire in his eyes when he said those three venomous words. He was serious, he wasn't saying out of too much emotion or just to spite me. He actually hates me, and that scares me.

Cameron was currently in the bathroom washing his hands because he was about to have some snacks. I was laying down on the covers that were placed in the middle of the room. We haven't spoke to each other since his outburst.

I'm guessing we've been in this room for 5 hours now. I knew Cameron thought of it as torture but it wasn't so bad to me. I was in the same room with Cameron Dallas, who would complain about that? Also I think farther ahead. They can't keep us locked in here forever, so they are probably going to let us out in the morning. It's just a waiting game.

Cameron came out the bathroom and headed straight to the bad of junk food. He pulled out a half-and-half sweet tea lemonade Arizona and a bag Hot Cheetos.

Surprisingly he looked my way, "would you like anything because if you don't I'm going to kill everything in this bag."

I nodded my head and walked over there. I took out a bag of Doritos and a grape Arizona. "Thanks for the offer," I said as Cameron went back to his side of the room. We didn't chat after that.

•••

Another hour past and I was getting bored. There was nothing to do, absolutely nothing. Cameron had downed 4 bags of chips, a Snickers, and two Arizona's.

After watching him eat for 30 minutes he spoke, "are you still hungry or do you just like watching me eat?"

"I just haven't seen you in awhile so I'm enjoying the view," I shrugged.

"You better savor it while you have it because once we're out of this death chamber you will never see me again," he stated angrily.

I shook my head, "Cameron don't be like that. I'm so-"

"No! Apologies don't always cut it."

"I'm trying Cam! I really am! I gave you space for two months!! I broke up with you because I realized that I'm not good for you! I knew I was going to hurt you and I was right!" He looked at me then crossed his arms.

"So because you're trying to make the situation better it cancels out that you hurt me?" He asked, but you could tell it wasn't a question.

"No it doesn't but, I'm sorry I cheated on you! I was at a weak spot!! My parents had just finished arguing and I had to send my siblings off with Wi-"

"THEM WHY DIDNT YOU CALL ME!"

"B-because I didn't want you to know how d-deeply fucked up I am. I'm gay, I have a bad home life, people think I'm some mute f-freak, I barely have any friends, I cheated on my boyfriend. Don't you see how fucked up I am?!! Your too good for me! I know it, you know it, the world knows it!!!" Tears were sliding down my face.

"So I'm trying to get myself together for you! I've been going to a counselor. He's been helping my cope with talking again and having Matt back. I live with my Aunt, while my parents are getting a divorce. You haven't seen me around school because I've joined clubs to be more social. I'm just trying to be normal again. And I'm sorry Cameron! You don't have to forgive me but please understand why I did what I did." 

My eyes scanned his. I saw so many emotions run through his hazel globes. Sadness, guilt, but mostly relief. "Oh Nash, I-I-"

I shook my head, "it wasn't your fault. I just want your understanding, that's it. Of course I want your love and forgiveness but I don't deserve it."

I sighed, what were we coming to? Cameron didn't respond and I was getting sleepy. I took one pillow and blanket and through it his way. I knew he didn't want to sleep with me and I didn't want to create any awkwardness.

He looked at me and nodded as a thanks. He wasn't ready to talk and that's was fine. I could wait.

We both got situated and laid down in our pallets. Right before the darkness took over me I heard him speak, "goodnight Nash."

And even though it was two simple words I knew we could still save us.

(not edited)

a/n -

hey, how were the holidays for you guys? I hope they were special!

So I hope you payed attention at the last two chapters because I'm doing a contest!

The first 3 people to comment how long Nash and Cam have been locked in that room [and gets the answer correct] wins a follow from me and a shout out in the next chapter!

answer here ->

Sorry for this long authors note but I wanted to announce something pretty important. Mute is sadly coming to an end :'( there is probably going to only be 2 or 3 more chapters left and I'm not planning to do a sequel right now.

I am coming out with a new book this week so if you want to continue supporting me or just see what my crazy mind comes up with this time you should read that.

love you guys so very much💕