Chapter 11

I am alone. Farkle has given up on me, Maya won't talk to me, and Lucas, well he has done enough. It is now lunch time at John Quincy Adams High School. I have gotten my food and now, for the scariest moment of my life, I have to find somewhere to sit. This had never been a problem before because I had Maya, Lucas, Farkle, and Smackle. Now I have no one.

I walk through the room and spot Maya, Farkle, and Smackle. As soon as they see me the look away. Every other table is full except one. "Hi Can I sit here Lucas?"

"That depends. Are you going to yell at me?"

"No" I respond quietly.

"Then of course you can sit here princess." I pause and give him a look. "Sorry, to far." We sit in awkward silence until Lucas finally speaks up, "Riley, why don't we talk anymore? I missed you over the summer."

"Oh please! I bet you were to busy with Maya to even notice that I was gone." I play with my food suddenly not feeling hungry anymore.

"Actually when Maya and I first started dating she made it very clear that you were her top priority. You totally ignored her and locked yourself away all summer." I think back to the summer. I didn't go out much except for the occasional ice cream at Topanga's with Smackle and Farkle.

"I just didn't want to get I the way of Lucaya," Smackle gave them that nickname back in 8th grade.

"Don't you get it Riley? I never wanted Lucaya. I wanted Rucas. You and me, but you shut me out as soon as Farkle said that you loved me on New Year's Eve. You completely denied it. It made me think that you didn't want to be with me." I could here the sadness in his voice grow.

"I was trying to make Maya happy." My voice cracked, "it made sense to me. Look where that got me."

____________________