Chapter 17

I sit on the floor crying. Lucas is holding me in his arms. It feels so good to have him with me again even if it is for the wrong reasons. Maya walks out of the classroom and slowly comes over to us. She notices the tears streaming down my face. "Riles what's wrong?" I sit there still sobbing. I feel Lucas slowly hold my arm out to show Maya. I look up at her and see the tears gather in her eyes.

Maya sits on the other side of me and Lucas knows that I need her right now. He slowly shifts my weight on to Maya and he leaves. "Riley?" she quietly says after what seems as forever.

"Yeah peaches" I whisper.

"Why?" I don't want to respond. I just sit there. She pulls me off of her shoulder and looks at my face. I can't look back at her. "Riley? please let me in." All of the sudden my phone dings and I jump. Realization spreads across Maya's face. She picks up my phone, reads the text and starts to cry. She hugs me and we cry together until we can't cry anymore. "Riles we have to get help."

"NO!" I say "I can handle this. Whoever this is hasn't affected me in the slightest."

She tilts her head, "Sunshine we both know that's not true. Look at your arm." I can't have Maya tell someone if she does everyone will just agree with the person sending these messages. Everyone knows that these things are true, my friends just pretend not to. 

"Maya if you tell someone, I won't talk to you again." I walk away leaving Maya in shock.