Chapter 1

"Hey Riles you ready?" Maya is tapping my window. I wasn't sure she would pick me up this morning. Today is the first day of Freshman year. Over the summer Lucas and Maya had been dating.
He chose her. 

  I don't know what they are to each other currently, but Maya and I became distant over the summer. I spent a lot of time by myself and with Josh, who now goes to NYU.

  "I'm ready Peaches just one minute." I unlock the window and let her in. 

  15 minutes later we are standing outside of John Quincy High School. "You ready to take on a new world?" Maya asks. "I will never be as ready as I am now," I reply, and we take our first steps into this new world. 

  When we walk in the door it is total chaos people are everywhere. It seems like everyone knows where to be and what to do. I look around until I find him. 

  Lucas smiles and waves. I was about to wave back until I realized he wasn't looking at me... He was looking at Maya. His girlfriend.

  We walk over to Lucas and Farkle. Maya kisses Lucas and I don't know where to look. I can't look at them without feeling pain. Sometimes I think that is all I feel.
                                                                   ____________________