Jethan (boyxboy)

"I really love you, you know?" Jakob asks as we continue walking by the river. His hand is in mine and right now, I feel perfect. The city lights are reflecting perfectly against the perfectly flat water, the only sounds in the still air are the distant cars and the occasional splash from a fish.

"I really love you too." I reply, squeezing his hand. He squeezes mine back, sending a wave of butterflies through me.

"How much?" He asks, turning his head to look at me. I glance around me for a second, trying to think of an answer.

"Enough for you to be the one to make me laugh more than anyone, and for me to be my best when I'm with you. And when you're gone, nothing feels right until you return. How much do you love me?"

"Would you believe me if I told you I loved you more than I could ever love anything in the entire world? Actually, I'd prefer it if you wouldn't." He replies, leaving me confused.

"Why?" I ask.

"So that I can spend the rest of my life proving to you how much I do. I want to start with this." Jakob stops walking, taking his hand away from mine. He sucks in a deep breath and closes his eyes, reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out a small, black box. My jaw falls at the same time he drops onto one knee, looking up at me with a nervous smile.

"Jakob?" I whisper, not knowing what to do.

"Ethan," he begins, looking at the ground and then back up at me again. "I have loved you ever since you laid your eyes on me the day we met. There is never a moment where I'm not thinking about you and the life I know we're going to share together one day. We have it planned out, right? That plan starts with an 'I do' and I wanted to be the one to ask you. I promise you that no one will ever work harder to provide for you and make you happier than I will. You're perfect to me and I want to remind you of that every single day. I can't do that unless you say yes. Ethan, will you give me the best thing I will ever know, and marry me?"

I can't even talk, I just nod. I'm lost in his eyes and he has to grab my hand and slide the ring onto my finger. He stands up and I pull him in for the tightest hug I've ever given. When he pulls away, I kiss him. It's soft at first but then his fingers tangle in the back of my hair, lightly tugging. I slide my tongue across his bottom lip and he immediately let's me in, letting me explore his mouth. All of a sudden, he pulls away with a little smile on his face.

"I can't kiss you when I just want to look into your eyes. You're everything to me." Jakob admits, his eyes becoming teary. He's always been an emotional person and I've always liked that about him.

"You can stare at me for forever now, okay? Just let me hold you." I try not to cry myself, tugging on his sleeve until he allows me to pull him in for a hug.

We stand there for a long time, just hugging by the river. No one is around and I've never felt happier. I'm here with Jakob and he loves me the way I love him. We're going to get married and we're going to live the fairytale life together. Together. I like the sound of that.

A/N: wow this is really short but it was requested.