36. Hopeless

CHAPTER – 36 (totally unedited, don't point out the mistakes :D )

LOVE IS... HOPELESS

'You can call me selfish, but all I want is your love. You can call me hopeless because I'm hopelessly in love.'

I couldn't do anything but stare at Ashton when he came back from his apartment, after changing into fresh clothes, to my apartment to pick me up, and when he drove us to the restaurant that he had chosen for us to have lunch at, and when he was seated right opposite me in the little private cabin that he had booked for us at this restaurant. Was he for real? Did he really like me? Did everything that had happened in the last few hours had actually happened? Or was it just a beautiful and over enthusiastic figment of my high on caffeine imagination?

Now that we were in the real world surrounded by real people, I had time to think, not that we were in Narnia earlier, but still. And when my messed up thoughts strike my overused head, they create havoc.

I most probably came across as a creep with my continuous staring, but thankfully, Ashton didn't say a word about it. I needed time to absorb the reality.

Ashton liked me.

Ashton kissed me.

Ashton and I were on a date right now.

Okay. I needed a drink.

"Liana, what would you like to have?" Ashton quirked his eyebrows at me while snapping his fingers in front of my eyes; bringing me out of the trance I was in.

"Huh?" I blinked and glanced at the waitress who was staring at me as if I was nuts. 'Excuse me, I am on a date with the guy I love, of course, I'm going nuts!' I wanted to shout and tell the entire restaurant, but decided against it as I was pretty sure that doing that would make me look like a mad woman, and compel Ashton in taking back his words and his kisses. I couldn't afford that. Wait! Was that even possible?

Oh, the havoc in my mind!

Probably, Ashton noticed the horrified look on my face as he smirked and asked, "You look like you're going to puke."

My horrified expressions turned to disgusted ones. "Eww! No! I was just thinking about something." Before he could interrogate any further, I placed my order to the waitress, after which Ashton placed his order.

Once she was gone, Ashton raised his eyebrows at me and asked with a smirk, "What's that 'something' that you're thinking about?" I shook my head with a little smile and little color on my cheeks. I couldn't exactly state my thoughts in front of him and make him run away. His smirk grew bigger and he leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table between us as he continued, "Or was it 'someone'?"

Biting my lips, I copied his stance and nodded my head all the while looking back at him.

"Who?" he asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I teased him as a sly grin covered my features.

"I know it's me." He was so full of himself, but his guess was point on, not that I was going to give him the satisfaction of knowing that.

I shook my head, lying through my actions. "Sherlock." I smiled dreamily as I rested my chin on my hand, referring to his best friend's name of the day.

"That's bullshit," he deadpanned.

"Oh, you mean love? Yes, I love Sherlock. That's exactly what it is." The grin on my face couldn't get wider. I was so enjoying using his own logics against him.