Chapter 8: Late night talk

A/N
Another chapter to end 2015 properly!

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------

[From last chapter]
[December 16 '2015]
I tossed and turned on my bed for good 2 hours before I decided to get up and go to my balcony. It was 1am in the morning and all of them were sound asleep. I just sat down on the swing and looked up at the stars. I have difficulties describing my pain and anxiety hit me like a fucking truck.

Call me emotional but I hardly cry. Tears started to form at the brim of my eyes and threaten to fall if I blinked. I felt warm liquid flow down my cheeks and bit onto my lips to prevent it from quivering. I think I bit my lips too hard as I started to taste the blood in my mouth.

If only someone was here to understand this freaking situation I am in, rather than judging me or give up on listening to my problems, I would really be thankful.

"Haeyoon? Is that you?"

It was Jimin. I quickly wipe my tears away and tried to speak as calmly as I could.

"Can't sleep?" I asked.

Jimin pov
Her voice is so shaky and her tone sounds weird. Has she been crying?

"Yeap. I came out because i needed to drink water but I saw you sitting here so I decided to approach."

"Oh I see, don't sleep too late alright?"

"Have you been crying?" I was blunt with my words but I needed to know. It breaks my heart to see my best friend crying.

I felt her body stiffen up when I sat down beside her.

Haeyoon pov
Dammit. What am I suppose to do right now?

"Um yea I guess," I couldn't lie even if I did he would have found out.

"Can you tell me why? You know it hurts to see you crying and that you are suffering alone. "

His words were like hot tea with honey. My heart felt sweet yet warm for the first time. It was a long time since I last felt so warm and fuzzy inside.

He broke down walls in my heart and I told him my problems. He sat silently, taking in every piece of information and nodding to show acknowledgement. As I speak tears started rolling down my cheeks again and this time, I didn't hide it.

I guess I found someone to trust after all.

Jimin gave me some tissue as I wiped my tears away. He gave me a reasurring hug and it was all I needed. I needed to get this burden of my chest that has been haunting me.

"Jimin.... "

"Yes?"

"I want to find my real parents," I said slowly.

"What?" He must have been taken aback at what I said.

"Jimin, I am adopted. My parents are in korea if I am not wrong," I said as tears started rolling down my cheeks again.

Jimin pov
The news was too sudden and i didnt know what to say. I held onto her head to allow myself to look into her eyes to search for answers. All I could see was a galaxy of stars when she held my gaze. Her eyes are deeper than the seas and more beautiful than the universe. But I sense all that fear and hesitation just from a glimpse of staring into her mysterious, dark eyes.

Another tear slid down her cheeks and I wiped it away instantly with my thumb. It was warm and full of sadness.

"Don't worry Haeyoon, I am sure you will be able to find them. Your secret is safe with me too. If you have any problems, come talk to me okay?" I reassured her as I ruffled her hair.