Christmas: Ch. 1

~Dove's POV~

I wake up in the morning with sun shining in through my window but the house was silent. Ryan was running his fingers through my hair and when he realized I was awake, he lightly kissed me. I smiled and snuggled back into him, happy to be able to sleep in for the first time in a long time due to screaming children and late nights. I felt Ryan kiss the top of my head then I heard the little feet come running into the room. First the older boy, then the younger girl. 

"Mommy! Daddy! Get up." Noah, my oldest son exclaimed as he jumped up onto our bed. His sister Aspyn followed him and jumped on top of me. She giggled as I sat up and put her on my lap. Ryan grabbed Noah and tickled him. I kissed Aspyn's cheek and set her on my lap. 

"Why, I think we'll just stay in bed all day and do nothing whatsoever." I tell Noah. 

"No!" both Noah and Aspyn yelled. I immediately shushed them, hoping they didn't wake up Landyn, our new baby girl. 

"Do we have to get up?" Ryan fake groaned. He knew the answer so my six year old son jumped on him when he tried to lay back down. Aspyn was only a year younger than Noah, she was five years old. Her long blonde hair and dark eyes made her resemble both Ryan and I while Noah looked like Ryan more, dark hair and dark eyes. 

"It's Chwithmas! You have 'ta get up." Aspyn told us. Her two front teeth had just come out, making it harder for her to talk. I thought it was adorable and Ryan pretended he couldn't understand her. 

"It's Christmas? But Christmas was last year." I reply. Aspyn huffs and crosses her arms, looking at me seriously. 

"Come on, baby. I'll make breakfast, you get Landy." Ryan says. He gets up, picking Noah up in his arms, and walks downstairs in only his sweatpants. I pick Aspyn up and carry her out of the room but then have to put her down. She runs down the stairs to join Ryan and Noah while I get my youngest daughter up out of her crib. Landyn was already awake and since she's a really good baby, she wasn't crying. Noah was fairly easy but Aspyn, she was a nightmare. I change Landyn's diaper then carry her in my arms downstairs to where Aspyn, Noah, and Ryan are making breakfast. Ryan is doing most of the work and Noah is telling him when it's time to flip the pancakes. Aspyn was in Ryan's arms and watching intently. 

"Hey, guys. You almost done there, tiger?" I asked. Ryan turns around and Landyn made a babbling sound when he looked at her. 

"Yup. You two took long enough." he answered. I rolled my eyes and sat down at the table. Noah came running over and claimed a seat by me as Aspyn crawled out of Ryan's arms and ran over to the table as well. The table was already set and everything was out so when Ryan came over with the pancakes, we all immediately started eating. 

A/N 

photo of Noah is attached