Valentine's Day

Dove's POV

I woke up in the morning to someone coughing loudly right beside me. I opened my eyes and rolled over, seeing Ryan sitting at his desk coughing his lungs out. He hadn't noticed I was awake yet, but it was obvious he was trying to tame his coughing. I silently got up out of bed and grabbed a cup out of the bathroom. I usually left one in there for when I wake up thirsty in the mornings. I filled it with water and brought it back out to Ryan.

"Hey, baby. How are you feeling?" I asked, handing him the cup and putting my hand on his forehead. He felt warm.

"Not too great." he mumbled, pulling me towards him. I wrapped one arm around his shoulders and my other played with his hair. His coughing had calmed down since he drank the water, but he still didn't look well.

"Go back to bed, I'll go make some breakfast and bring it up to you." I told him. He opened his mouth to debate with me but I was already out the door. I went downstairs and quickly made some soup and toast then brought it up to Ryan. In all honesty, I opened a can of soup and heated it. Either way, he won't care.

An hour later, Ryan still wasn't feeling better.  We were still in our room but had turned on the TV. Ryan had his head on my chest while I run my fingers through his hair.  Neither of us were really paying attention to the TV, it was more like background noise than entertainment. 

"I'm sorry, baby girl."  Ryan said after another coughing fit. 

"Why?"  I asked, looking down at him. 

"I ruined Valentines Day."  He said.  I laughed at him and shook my head. 

"You didn't ruin Valentines Day."  I promised.  He tried to debate but I wouldn't let him.  We both turned to face the TV a few minutes later and soon I heard his heavy breathing.  I smiled and changed the channel before hearing my phone ding.  It was Emmy, asking if we were doing anything today.  I told her Ryan was sick and she asked if she could come over.  I looked down at Ryan and smiled.  Even if he was asleep, I still enjoyed his company.  I told Emmy no and put my phone away, making myself content with playing with Ryan's hair while he slept.